Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Members Rides / Re: 84 Jimmy Build
« Last post by 1981lt1 on July 19, 2024, 08:11:50 PM »
got my clamps in today so I was finally able to start fitting the quarter, and of course, it doesn't fit for crap.  The body line is about the only thing that matches.  As you can see from the 3rd picture, the inner structure doesn't align so I get to cut that out and adjust it so the fender will suck in.

Members Rides / Re: 1975 Blazer!!!!
« Last post by Shifty on July 19, 2024, 04:54:53 PM »
Very nice upgrade!
Members Rides / Re: 1975 Blazer!!!!
« Last post by VileZambonie on July 19, 2024, 04:37:18 PM »
Been having a lot of fun with the Blazer this summer. Just put 4.11 posi in it and have to swap the front still but I'll probably wait til winter for that. Don't plan pn using 4x4 anytime soon. Had 3.07's in it so definitely made a nice improvement!
« Last post by JohnnyPopper on July 19, 2024, 12:23:07 PM »
Or change your shocks!  ;)
Electrical / Re: Seat Belt light Stays on
« Last post by JohnnyPopper on July 19, 2024, 12:17:46 PM »
You will need to reinstall the alarm module into the Convenience Center and reconnect the black wire to the seat belt retractor to check the seat belt lamp operation.

Did they really call it that, or is this a bd snipe/sarc?  ;D
« Last post by Shifty on July 18, 2024, 09:58:32 AM »
Seems like a lot of trouble just to check your rear brakes... ;D
« Last post by 1981lt1 on July 17, 2024, 08:50:33 PM »
I've been waiting for the new quarter panel and it arrived today.  I wish everything else was this easy to remove.  You can ignore the tape.  I was using it to help align the body line to the door since it was hard to see in the garage.  And no, the tape isn't holding it up.  I had screws attaching it to the body to make sure everything was going to fit properly before I start cutting.

Fuel Systems and Drivability / Re: Dualjet cruising lean hesitation
« Last post by Scaryfastatx on July 16, 2024, 10:10:58 PM »
Have you inspected the spark plug electrodes and checked the ceramics for cracks or carbon tracks?  Check the spark plug wires for hard spots especially where they route near metal edges and the exhaust manifolds.  Use a bright flashlight to look up inside the spark plug boots and the distributor boots for black soot or green discoloration.  Inspect the cap & rotor for black carbon tracks and cracks.

I'll check it out

The plugs and wires are basically brand new

I thought for sure it was either fuel or timing but seems like those are fine
« Last post by bd on July 16, 2024, 09:59:22 PM »
Have you inspected the spark plug electrodes and checked the ceramics for cracks or carbon tracks?  Check the spark plug wires for hard spots especially where they route near metal edges and the exhaust manifolds.  Use a bright flashlight to look up inside the spark plug boots and the distributor boots for black soot or green discoloration.  Inspect the cap & rotor for black carbon tracks and cracks.
« Last post by Scaryfastatx on July 16, 2024, 08:35:03 PM »
Well, I don't know what else to check

On vacuum port B it felt a lot better with the full manifold vacuum

But got it out on a more open road that I could get some speed and it's still cutting out

Usually at higher speed

If I downshift and get to the rpm where it's stumbling it seems fine

Also if I go really light on the throttle up to speed sometimes it will go faster and maintain the speed

But it's intermittent and will also stumble sometimes

But if I go heavier on the acceleration it stumbles quicker

Other times it stumbles at really low speed

I'm really confused and frustrated
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10