Author Topic: Stock K30 Wheel Fitment  (Read 2094 times)

Offline WyldeMoose39

• New Users
Stock K30 Wheel Fitment
« on: January 13, 2021, 11:25:07 AM »
Hello all,

I'm new here and spent the last couple of days looking to see if I could find my answer without asking, so I apologize if this has been asked before.

I have a 1982 Chevy K30 Crew Cab sitting at stock height. Right now it has 2 different wheel sizes, a 16.5" and a 16" so I'm thinking of new wheels for it. I want to go with a 17x8 or a 17x9 and not sure which size is better, what backspacing would fit at those sizes, and which is just plain better for that truck. I want to use it for towing and cruising if that matters. I'd like to hear what people think is better, what would actually fit, and just general information to help me make sure I get a correct wheel.

I read the backspacing link in the technical forum and I understand the basics, just not sure what would work for my truck.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

Offline TheBigHat

Re: Stock K30 Wheel Fitment
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 02:01:05 PM »
A reputable wheel dealer will enter your vehicles information and give you a list of all the possible sizes that will work on it. They should also know how much lift is necessary to accommodate a larger wheel if you desire as well. There is a lot of math in figuring it out yourself - and that is all I know because I've always just had them figure it out on their computer for me. Good Luck and enjoy you some square body!