Author Topic: Help getting from page to page  (Read 6503 times)

Offline 77chevystepside

• Registered Users
  • 77 Chevy Stepside 4X4
    • 77 Chevy Stepside Restoration
Help getting from page to page
« on: May 02, 2009, 07:18:20 AM »
I do a lot of browsing in this forum and need help. Sometimes I find a post that is on page 10 of who knows how many pages. I read the topic/post and then either us back button on my browser or click on main topic. Either way I end up at page one, two of the main topic and then have to click on 3, 5, 7, 9, etc to get to page 10 where I left off. Is there some way to avoid going through this. "next thread" doesn't work for me because that takes forever. Help

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Help getting from page to page
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 07:30:58 AM »
I am totally not following you. I have no problem navigating through a thread. What browser are you using?
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline 77chevystepside

• Registered Users
  • 77 Chevy Stepside 4X4
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 07:55:19 AM »
Sorry for not being clear. I use Internet Explorer. Let me try to be more specific. I was going through Interiors & Equipment. When I click on the main link the upper left shows 1,2,3...25. I know there are 25 pages. I can't just jump to page 10 because it doesn't show. Let's say I get to page 10 the way I described in my last post and click on a post. After I do that, read the post I have to click my back button on the browser to get out. I then end up at page one. Not a big deal. I was just wondering if there is an easy way to get to page 23 of 25 without having to go through it the way I do. Does this help? I have Mozilla Firefox and it is the same.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 09:24:39 AM »
If I go to page 10 click on a post to read it and click back I can still see this at the top of the page

1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline eventhorizon66

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 10:38:42 AM »
Same here.  I can navigate to page ten, click on a post in page ten, then click back and I'm on page ten again, not page one.  And I see "1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25" at the top of the page.
'85 C10 SWB 350 700R4 TKO600

Offline thirsty

• Suitor's Garage
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 07:07:31 PM »
Works fine for me also. I use mozilla.
Real trucks are built, not bought Build thread

Give me a long enough lever and a place to stand, and I shall move the earth or break this bolt...Whatever, just hold my beer!

Offline frogman68

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 07:26:10 PM »
This is what he is talking about you see pages 1 2 3 then 25 I dont know a way around it

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 10:39:39 PM »
From what I gather he is saying if he's on page 10 and reads the thread then he pages back he goes back to page 1. That isn't what happens from any computer I see. Is that what happens to you Frogman?
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline frogman68

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 06:47:44 AM »
From what I gather he is saying if he's on page 10 and reads the thread then he pages back he goes back to page 1. That isn't what happens from any computer I see. Is that what happens to you Frogman?

What I thinking he is saying is he searches for a thread and its on page 10 he sees that its in the Interior part of the forum. he then goes to to the first page of that section and now he doesnt see page 10 just what I showed.

Too much drugs last night was not thinking clearly. When I find a thread I want to be able to go right to I select the Notify button then it is stores it under your profile

Offline 77chevystepside

• Registered Users
  • 77 Chevy Stepside 4X4
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 07:19:20 AM »
Thanks frogman, I have started using notify. For what it is worth. This morning the problem I described is gone. I can be on page 10, use back button to get out of a post and I stay on page 10 instead of popping back to 1. How does that song go "Mighta been the the gin, three or four six packs, I don't know"

I failed to mention that this forum is the best I have found for chevy truck stuff and I have seen most of them out there. Guys are helpful despite my dumb questions, lots of great details out there about "how to" or "where to get it", prompt responses, etc. Not to mention guys heap praise on people's projects rather than dumping on them. That's what makes it fun to browse around here and post.

I am sure it happens in all forums that people fail to search for answers before posting a question. I certainly am guilty but, nobody beat me up for doing it even though I deserved it.

Keep up the good work!!

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 11:17:31 AM »
Not sure why it wasn't working for you before, but we didn't update anything.  Glad it works now though.