Author Topic: windshield washer pump  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Trojan72

• New Users
windshield washer pump
« on: June 09, 2012, 03:47:14 PM »
hey guys, i am new to this site, so not sure how this works, but here it goes. I have a 1980 c10 swb,305 motor that i bought for my daughter as her first ride, so we are trying to get it ready for her to drive. When we turn on the wipers, water starts spraying and never stops. i have replaced the wiper switch,the motor, the pump, and still doing the same thing, think there is a short somewhere but not sure. any help would be appreciated.. will post pics of the truck when i can....

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
Re: windshield washer pump
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 07:23:12 PM »
     Welcome to the site, you should post a thread under the tab "general site info" under "welcome" so everyone can say hello.
     Under the tab "73-87 Chevy trucks" under "technical pages" do a search for "wiring diagrams".  There you will find the wiring diagram for your specific truck.
     Unfortunately you sound correct in the assumption there is a short.  Shorts are tricky little devils that can cause all kinds of headaches.  First get the wiring diagram and trace the flow of the circuit, then we can help trouble shoot from there.
     If someone else had the exact same issue they will chime in when they see this.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline Trojan72

• New Users
Re: windshield washer pump
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 04:56:19 PM »
thanks for the info..i will do that when i get a chance.. meanwhile an update on the wiper pump..i unplugged the wires for the pump solenoid and the wires for the wipers to go back to park and just left the motor wires plugged in, and it still sprays water when you turn on the wipers..how weird is that...i am totally confused..