Author Topic: Does anyone remember those T top ads from years ago?  (Read 2617 times)

Offline 1310monster

Does anyone remember those T top ads from years ago?
« on: September 17, 2015, 03:14:56 AM »
I've been digging up bones recently.Once upon a time there were some parts out there to make a 73 up truck into a T top. I remember the ads in the back of the popular magazines from the time (80's). I searched beforehand but came up empty. Does anyone know anything about anything this?

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: Does anyone remember those T top ads from years ago?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 11:20:12 PM »
A T-top no, convertible yes.  I had at one time every Truckin magazine from 1985 that had a 73-87 in it or an article on it.  Never seen t-top one.

Offline 1310monster

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 09:25:13 PM »
A T-top no, convertible yes.  I had at one time every Truckin magazine from 1985 that had a 73-87 in it or an article on it.  Never seen t-top one.

The t tops were sold as an incomplete kit with all of the major stuff included. I even remember calling about them. I don't think the ad was in Truckin because back then I didn't buy that many truck only mags. It was more likely in Hot Rod or a similar rag. I remember a convertible too...or at least a removable hard top kit. I'd be interested in any of this stuff now.

Back when I built my first truck in 86-87, there were sooo many cool aftermarket add ons. I had a chrome glove box, ash tray, lower interior door chrome with a design on them,  polished stainless outside lower body trim set and a bunch of other add ons. I've searched on ebay for some of the stuff and haven't found anything.

Am I posting in the right place on the forum for a post like this?

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 07:29:21 AM »
if your not in the right area of the form we will move it for you with no extra charge  ;)
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline 1310monster

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 05:03:28 PM »
Thanks! This should probably be moved over to the 73-87 common questions area. I didn't realize when I posted this that this was the area for non related questions.