Author Topic: What's everybody's favorite source for buying wiring/looms/etc.?  (Read 20276 times)

Offline IdahoMan

• Registered Users

What's everybody's favorite source for buying wiring/looms/etc.?

Here's my cab wiring that leads to my dome-light and cargo-light. I'm putting in another light in with the dome light but on a different circuit. I'd like to keep it looking stock (the loom and orange/white-doublewire you see there).

Offline frotosride

• WFO CONCEPTS
Re: What's everybody's favorite source for buying wiring/looms/etc.?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 06:51:57 PM »

What's everybody's favorite source for buying wiring/looms/etc.?

Here's my cab wiring that leads to my dome-light and cargo-light. I'm putting in another light in with the dome light but on a different circuit. I'd like to keep it looking stock (the loom and orange/white-doublewire you see there).

Delcity.net...more stuff than you will need.
"Beat it like a red-headed ford"
1987 v10 Silverado(LQ4), 87 R10,83 K20, 83 cucv 6.2 Detroit
2006 Boulevard M109R 109 cid,2019 M109R BOSS
2009 Jeep XK, (future LS Swap)
GSXR 750 engine awaiting go kart

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 09:59:10 PM »
Depends on what you're trying to source...
  • delcity.net *  (comprehensive electrical source; accommodating to small quantity orders - GXL/SXL/TXL cross-linked wire, Delphi/Packard & Amphenol connectors/terminals, adhesive-lined shrink tube, high-temp loom, expandable sleeving, clamps, circuit breakers, relays, tooling, etc)
  • terminalsupplyco.com  (many colors of GXL/TXL wire, Delphi/Packard & Deutsch connectors/terminals/pigtails, circuit breakers, relays, tooling, etc)
  • awcwire.com  (SXL/GXL/TXL wire, SGX battery cable, marine wire/cable, etc)
  • theelectricaldepot.com *  (Deutsch connectors/terminals, Cole-Hersee Products, 3M shrink tube, tooling, etc)
  • wirebarn.com  (GXL/TXL wire, SGX battery cable, EPDM welding cable, fuses, split loom, miscellaneous wiring supplies)
  • terminalsandconnectors.com  (Delphi connectors/terminals/mounting solutions)
  • repairconnector.com  (comprehensive line of OEM electrical terminals, connectors and sockets)
  • clipsandfasteners.com *  (diverse selection of OEM terminals, connectors, clips and fastening solutions - a full line Auveco retailer)
  • americanautowire.com  (vehicle-specific wiring harnesses and components)
               ...Our site Store sells American Autowire....          ...to name a few. 

Sites marked * are my preferred sources.  Most sites have much to offer, but require patients to navigate.  You need to know what you're after.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 03:41:20 PM by bd »
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline ehjorten

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 12:07:35 PM »
I have used M&H for several things.   www.wiringharness.com
-Erik-
1991 V3500 - Gen V TBI 454, 4L80E, NP205, 14 bolt FF, D60, 8" Lift on 35s
1977 K20 Silverado - 350, THM350, NP203, 14 bolt FF, D44, Stock Lift on 31s
1969 Chevelle Malibu Sport Coupe - EFI350, THM350
1968 Chevrolet Step-side Pickup - 300HP L6

Offline hatzie

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 03:14:00 PM »
Depends on what you're trying to source...
  • delcity.net *  (comprehensive electrical source; accommodating to small quantity orders - GXL/SXL/TXL cross-linked wire, Delphi/Packard & Amphenol connectors/terminals, adhesive-lined shrink tube, high-temp loom, expandable sleeving, clamps, circuit breakers, relays, tooling, etc)
  • terminalsupplyco.com *  (many colors of GXL/TXL wire, Delphi/Packard & Deutsch connectors/terminals/pigtails, circuit breakers, relays, tooling, etc)
  • awcwire.com  (SXL/GXL/TXL wire, SGX battery cable, marine wire/cable, etc)
  • theelectricaldepot.com *  (Deutsch connectors/terminals, Cole-Hersee Products, 3M shrink tube, tooling, etc)
  • terminalsandconnectors.com  (Delphi connectors/terminals/mounting solutions)
  • repairconnector.com  (comprehensive line of OEM electrical terminals, connectors and sockets)
  • clipsandfasteners.com *  (diverse selection of OEM terminals, connectors, clips and fastening solutions - a full line Auveco retailer)
  • americanautowire.com  (vehicle-specific wiring harnesses and components)
               ...Our site Store sells American Autowire....          ...to name a few. 

Sites marked * are my preferred sources.  Most sites have much to offer, but require patients to navigate.  You need to know what you're after.

Can't leave out Waytek Wire for larger quantites of SXL wire and ISO relay parts. 
The Electrical Depot has quite a lot of the more common Delphi connectors and even some oddball stuff like the GT150 terminals.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 11:26:41 AM by bd »
SVC & wiring mans --> Here http://tinyurl.com/7387BRD-SVCMAN or My Bucket @ http://tinyurl.com/SQ-SVCMAN
Parts & Illustr Books -->http://tinyurl.com/SqParts
GMSTG Textbooks-->http://tinyurl.com/STG-TEXTBK
Radio Manuals-->http://tinyurl.com/DELCORADSVC

Offline fxrsrider

• Registered Users
  • '75 C10, 385ci, TH350, Positraction, 5" drop
    • pauldemarcostudios.com
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 04:02:03 PM »
I just got a complete 21 circuit wire harness to rewire my entire truck for under $200.

http://www.ezwiring.com/store/viewitem.php?productid=4

I know several hot rod builders who swear by EZ Wiring harnesses....their recommendations led me to purchase one.  It is no different from a Painless apart from the $600 difference in price.  I bought mine off of Amazon.  The harness comes complete, as pictured, with full directions, firewall fittings, steering column plugs, etc.

I'm very happy with the quality of the system.....and though I haven't installed it yet, I can't see any difference in quality from the Painless harness that's currently installed (and soon to be replaced  8) )

Offline IdahoMan

• Registered Users
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 01:23:57 PM »
Quick question:  That loom in the OP pic, would that be a "asphalt coated" kind?

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 04:01:56 PM »
Quick question:  That loom in the OP pic, would that be a "asphalt coated" kind?

Yes
Rich
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!

Offline IdahoMan

• Registered Users
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 03:26:49 PM »
bd,

That list is fantastic. Thank you.

IM

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 04:45:26 PM »
Happy to assist!
Rich

Offline IdahoMan

• Registered Users
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 05:50:22 PM »

Found a site that sells SXL wiring around 10$ less than the others I've seen: "spectrowireandcable"

How's about quality of these sources? Any problems (material, flaws, etc.)? Someone on another forum did some tests on speaker wire resistivity and found notable variances.

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2021, 03:39:25 PM »
A couple more to add to the list:

Crimp Supply  (comprehensive electrical supply source, including Amphenol, Aptiv/Delphi/Packard, and Deutsch)
Wire Care  (another good source for various electrical supplies)

Some of the listed vendors are significantly more forgiving on shipping costs, so shoppers beware and compare pricing before committing to purchases.
Rich