Author Topic: Has anybody ever put a powerstroke in their GM truck  (Read 9816 times)

Offline collect t/as

Has anybody ever put a powerstroke in their GM truck
« on: November 28, 2010, 04:44:57 PM »
I know a lot of people have done the cummins engine transplant in their truck, but has anybody out there ever put a powerstroke in their truck? Just curious.  ???

BTW: I am a GM guy, but ford did good letting international build those pre 6.0 ltr. powerstroke engines for them. I have a '97 model crew cab 1-ton and I love the power the 7.3 puts out.

Offline Grim 82

Re: Has anybody ever put a powerstroke in their GM truck
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 10:46:46 PM »
I've never seen a corn-binder diesel in a Chev, and I think it's probably because if you were going to go to all the trouble of swapping, you'd be better off with a Cummins. Besides that, dignity is on the line, lol.
Give a man a gun, and he might rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he might rob the world.

Offline collect t/as

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 11:17:24 PM »
I was just wondering. I'll probably end up going with the cummins anyway and keeping the ford so I can still have a powerstroke. I have been checking craigslist often so I can find the right dodge to pick clean.  ;D

Offline polish pete

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 08:08:58 PM »
I know a lot of people have done the cummins engine transplant in their truck, but has anybody out there ever put a powerstroke in their truck? Just curious.  ???

BTW: I am a GM guy, but ford did good letting international build those pre 6.0 ltr. powerstroke engines for them. I have a '97 model crew cab 1-ton and I love the power the 7.3 puts out.

wait are you actually saying the 6.0 diesel was a good engine? are you on crack?!

sorry that a huge mistake for ford, basically the reason why they dropped international for making there diesels. and i dont think people swap an engine like this because of the electronics its been done but its much easier to swap either a duramax or any cummins diesel instead.

Offline collect t/as

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 09:09:10 PM »
G Pete, you must be on crack if you don't understand what pre 6.0 means.  ;)

Offline polish pete

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 08:45:56 PM »

hah whoops, thought you just mistyped something, no those 7.3's were pretty good never had any crazy issues with them other than things wearing out.

Offline PhoenixFear

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 11:51:30 PM »
I personally have never seen it done, however I don't see why you couldn't. You might get some guff about it but who cares? I sway more to the Cummins engines but like the Powerstrokes as well. My friend has a 6AT Cummins out of I believe a UPS truck in his, it isn't real fast but its a really neat engine. Looks like it grew into the truck too.
I am pretty sure at that point, it all boils down to the initial cost. If you find a Powerstroke for a smoking deal, why not swap it in? Also, they do have forums I bet for people wanting Powerstrokes in anything, I know there is a Cummins forum out there designed for people who want to put Cummins engines in anything I believe.
'85 C10 longbed- daily driver
'68 GTO- frame-off

Offline collect t/as

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 11:57:07 PM »

hah whoops, thought you just mistyped something, no those 7.3's were pretty good never had any crazy issues with them other than things wearing out.

No problem Pete. I think everybody knows the 6.0 were turds.