Author Topic: Cowl Mounting Hardware  (Read 3027 times)

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Cowl Mounting Hardware
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2021, 06:21:28 PM »
I just went through my body clips and I have about 30 different ones that would do the same job. You should probably just get some body panel clip assortments or just use some push through xmas tree clips. If you push through the small end and slide on the large end, it will be the same end result. I have at least 6 different kits and a box full of clips, door panel, xmas tree etc so perhaps that will be a simple fast fix for you.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Mike81K10

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2021, 06:42:13 PM »
Thanks VZ for your help. I found one of the original that came off the cowl that looks like the third pic of the white cowl posted. I will find something that will work. It is a shame I could not find any like the original. Would be a money making opportunity if I had the ability to produce them, since no place has them.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline Mike81K10

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2021, 10:55:14 PM »
Managed to find a 1989 K10 in the local salvage yard and got a couple of fasteners. The others broke while trying to remove them. Was able to obtain some other goodies and going back tomorrow to get more.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline werewolfx13

• Site Supporters
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2021, 11:09:17 PM »
Late to the game on this, but I seem to recall seeing something similar in a Disco product catalog at work. If I get time at work on Friday or this weekend I'll see if I can remember to look.
Chris
'83 Chevy c10 Silverado SWB
'76 Chevy k20 LWB 6.5'x8' Flatbed
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”