Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 37139 times)

Offline JAH

• Registered Users
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2020, 12:15:06 AM »
Our City Council is filled with a buncha' morons.  But, when I found Spec's open the other day, I knew that the Council at least had a basic understanding of the term, "Essential Business".

Parents forced to be around their rug-rats 24/7, in the absence of alcohol, would cause a panic and emergency like no other.  :o

EDIT- Here in Tejas, we can only buy beer and wine at grocery stores...none of the hard stuff.
I spent most of my money on Jack Daniel's, Copenhagen, pocket knives, and 4X4 trucks.  The rest I just wasted.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2020, 02:57:20 PM »
delaware has been in a "state of emergency" closed all beaches and tourist attractions. they even went as far and closing all non-essential places too. but then had to redefine "essential" and its BS, they include florist into the essential category and a lot other places. pretty much they want people to go to work but nothing else, no having fun with others only at home. needless to say i have a few hundred rounds of 10mm coming in the mail and should be here in a few days lol
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Online VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2020, 05:03:01 PM »
If they closed package stores there would be some seriously bad stuff happening. lol
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Coronavirus
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2020, 09:05:59 PM »
I got those nasty looks too at Wmart and Lowes. If you even clear your throat people get out of your way. I think if you cough or sneeze they call the police. lol

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 09:49:32 PM by philo_beddoe »
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline JAH

• Registered Users
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2020, 12:04:35 AM »
I was taking the gooseneck back to the Farm today, and heard a figure of "55%".  That's how much liquor sales have boomed over the norm in the last few weeks.

I was switching through the channels when I heard that on the radio.  I didn't hear if that figure was just for San Antone (Bexar County) or nationwide.

*On an unrelated note, the silt in the barn (a mixture of cow manure and Texas sandy loam) is worse than the sand at the beach.  My 9200# Ram chassis, with the 5500# gooseneck attached, imitates a submarine in the stuff.  So, after dealing with the axle wrap, I went to engage the 4WD (to back the trailer into its parking slot) and immediately noted that the shifter was floppy.  For any of you who have owned Rams, the grommets (that hold the linkage between the in-cab shifter and the lever on the transfer case) sh__ the bed (after 7 years).  Lovely.  >:(

The rainbow after the storm was that the linkage let go at the end of the shifter, and came to rest on a cross-member.  So, lucky for me, I didn't lose the linkage.  Woo-hoo! :D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 12:08:20 AM by JAH »
I spent most of my money on Jack Daniel's, Copenhagen, pocket knives, and 4X4 trucks.  The rest I just wasted.

Online VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2020, 07:37:48 PM »
I was taking the gooseneck back to the Farm today, and heard a figure of "55%".  That's how much liquor sales have boomed over the norm in the last few weeks.

See, people aren't as dumb as we thought.
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline Stewart G Griffin

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2020, 08:37:59 PM »
This is just one person's perspective on the whole "crisis."  And while i don't necessarily agree with EVERY one of his points, i think it's one of the clearest explanations lately.   Also, i give John Oliver a lot of credibility.

i would link all three parts, so far of his coronavirus videos, but there is some "spicy" language in them and i know Chris doesn't like me providing those types of links.

So, if it would be alright, i would link the Last Week Tonight 'Tube page and you can easily find parts 1,2, and 3:

https://www.youtube.com/user/LastWeekTonight

Offline Stewart G Griffin

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2020, 08:04:29 PM »
P.S.
We are under lockdown/stay-at-home orders here in the balto/dc area.   Since last tuesday, i think.

Online VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2020, 05:43:42 AM »
 Late to the party.
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Online VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2020, 06:26:36 PM »
So a woman who works in our school system died from coronavirus today. We all want to believe it's fake news but seems to be potent enough to take out anyone. She was 50 I believe.
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline roundhouse

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2020, 10:27:05 AM »
https://www.npr.org/2020/04/01/825107853/hundreds-of-covid-19-cases-inundate-georgia-hospital

It depends on where you are
Some places are in really bad shape

And the preppers and survival folks are looking pretty smart right now.

As we have all learned, if you don’t already have what you need, you’re not going to be able to buy it when you decide you do need it.

I grew up in a rural Appalachian area with frequent power outages and sometimes big snowstorms
    Everyone had a way to keep warm that didn’t require electricity and plenty of canned food, usually the home made canned kind in glass jars.
   And everyone had plenty of guns and ammo, and several five gallon cans of gasoline.  My father never brought a vehicle home with less than 3/4 tank of gas.  Every gas station within 50 miles closed at 10 PM.
    If you had to leave in the middle of the night for an emergency and didn’t have a full tank, you weren’t going anywhere .

I didn’t stock up on T paper, but I did get some more .223, .38, .380, and 9mm and in the same trip, hit the grocery store for bacon, beans and bread.

Some places have closed the gun stores while at the same time emptying their jails and announcing that no one will be arrested for anything short of murder.
    What could possibly go wrong ?

You’ve seen how people act trying to buy T paper, wait till the grocery stores are empty of actual food, and the gas stations are dry for a few days.  Or their EBT food stamp card stops working .

Offline roundhouse

Coronavirus
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2020, 10:40:55 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/news/farmers-are-panic-buying-to-keep-america-e2-80-99s-95-million-cows-fed/ar-BB12jy9v

The food supply chain could collapse soon
   The ethanol refineries are shutting down since the gasoline sales have dropped so much .
  The waste from the ethanol refineries is a major ingredient in animal feed.

The American consumers and businesses have to be the stupidest in the world.
  Allowing a communist nation halfway around the world to steal all your manufacturing including 95% of medical supplies like masks and gloves and 98% of all pharmaceutical medicines and feedstocks is a really really stupid thing.

All this “just in time “ inventory delivery is going to come back to haunt us all.
   If the trucks stop rolling, this country is toast.

Some states like PA have actually closed their rest areas so the truckers have nowhere to park and rest.
Really? This is the govts idea of smart?

Alot the truck stop restaurants are closed, so the drivers have to park and go into grocery stores with the hordes of people , half of whom Probabaly have the carona, and stock up on food To take with them on their run.

It’s almost like China did this on purpose. They’ve already knocked out several aircraft carriers with their virus, and who knows how many other ships and bases are out of commission.

And how about this genius idea https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wthr.com/article/vermont-orders-walmart-target-stop-selling-non-essential-items-store%3famp

I saw an article , can’t find the link now
That was about a company that makes medical masks and they could expand and make more but won’t, because in the last H1N1 event they did expand and as soon as it was over all the hospitals went back to buying cheaper masks  from China.

Owner says if he spends millions and expands now to meet the demand , he will just  get left holding the bag when this is over , and all the hospitals start buying masks from the commies again
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 10:49:25 AM by roundhouse »

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Coronavirus
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2020, 10:11:23 PM »
Huh...so thats it? Humanity is going to end in a few weeks? Not so! (at least not until daniel's 70'th week anyway)

No deliveries will stop, no groceries stores will close, nor wall mart, nor lowes/home depot. The trucks will keep moving.

I think we'll be in real good shape by June 1st. One blip of good news and stocks seem to soar. It appears the economy is a dormant volcano getting quite warm.

Not going to fear or let doom and gloom ruin my day.

II Tim 1:7
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 10:38:42 PM by philo_beddoe »
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline JohnnyPopper

• Old Goof
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2020, 05:08:57 PM »
Phil,

Didn't Daniel's 70th week (of years)  end when Cornelius accepted the 'truth'.

Look out for the fulfillment of 1 Thess. 5:3-4

Jpop
1957 Apache 3100 235 Inline 6, 3 on the tree
1973 C-20, 3+3 454 4BBL TH400  Water Injection
1978 K-10, 350 4BBL TH350 NP203 M.M. Part time Kit/Hubs
1980 C-10 under construction

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2020, 12:41:28 PM »
Phil,

Didn't Daniel's 70th week (of years)  end when Cornelius accepted the 'truth'.

Look out for the fulfillment of 1 Thess. 5:3-4

Jpop

Glad you asked JP, and not to derail from coronavirus, and I won't, nor will I mention this anywhere else on a chevy forum, this is a one time thing to answer your question. Therefore... from the decree to rebuild Jerusalem (Ezra 1:1-5) to the cutting off of the Messiah (the cross), is 69 weeks/483 years. The final week (70th), begins the moment the Antichrist signs a covenant with Israel to rebuild the temple. Soon after, (possibly hours,days) we will have the "rapture", Christ will remove all his saints from earth (all and any human that has repented of their sins and trusted the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior). At the end of the 70th week (7 years of tribulation on earth which will be like 9/11 X 10 on every street in the world, prepping or a bug-out bag will do nothing), the Lord will return to Earth to rule and reign for 1000 years, this is the millennium, a new restored perfect earth with obviously a perfect world government system which will be operated by one person....you guessed it. Then after that we are ushered into eternity. That pretty much wraps it up. Therefore, to answer your question...no particular event officially "ends" the 70th week, just time.

Yes, I know this is a chevy forum, and as stated, i will NOT get into spiritual things here unless someone asks AND I am permitted by the administrators. I know, folks get a little agitated on the topics of religion and politics, I get it.