Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Members Rides / Re: 1984 C-10 Custom Deluxe
« Last post by macr0w on Today at 06:21:49 AM »
I got a Yukon posi unit with a 3.73 ring and pinion set installed and topped it off with my fancy diff cover.
It made a pretty significant difference from the stock 2.73 open diff.  8)
Fuel Systems and Drivability / Re: Is this carb OK?
« Last post by Shifty on June 08, 2023, 09:30:29 AM »
How close are you able to get to that perfect 14.7:1 Graham?
Fuel Systems and Drivability / Re: Stupid question
« Last post by David Staines on June 07, 2023, 09:31:46 PM »
When I bought my '85, it had gone through an itteration of 2nd level troubleshooting. It had a TBI system on it (not the place to argue 85 with TBI) and had just had the 305 replaced with a newly rebuilt 350. The person who owned it was a mechanic and fought with it for some time thinking there was a TBI problem. Finally, they just took the TBI off and installed a regulator and 1406. This did not solve the problem which eventually turned out to be a flat lobe on the cam. I bought the truck with the 1406 and a new Cam. When I bought the truck, I insisted they include a holly sniper that they had at the shop.

Last month, I started the sniper installation process. You'll need new fuel pumps. You might need a new engine side bay harness (or be able to rework the existing one). If you have switchable tanks, you'll need to weigh that when it comes to how you're going to get 65 psi on the fuel line to the sniper (sniper has a built in regulator). Fortunately, you already have a return line. If it's a single tank, it's relatively easy but will require more than just the carb. I had dual tanks so my solution was a bit more complicated.
« Last post by Chevygold on June 07, 2023, 04:19:42 PM »
Installed AEM AFR meter earlier, O2 sensor in LH header outlet so am able to monitor my AFR as I drive.
Now running 72 in the primaries and 75 in the secondaries seems a lot happier, haven't had a chance for a road test as spent a good deal of time helping my neighbour get his digger going again after running the fuel tank dry, absolute nightmare after the fuel line from the tank blocked up! lots of backflushing to the tank and finally got it going then had to take the boss shopping!
Graham
« Last post by Shifty on June 07, 2023, 10:19:56 AM »
Cheers Johnny!
« Last post by JohnnyPopper on June 07, 2023, 09:25:13 AM »
THAT is very cool! Thanks!

At first glance, it seems like it could be a stand alone device. Or perhaps integrated into a electronic control system.

I need to do a deeper dive, but would love to monitor my AFR.

My truck has no silicon chips.

Just spoke to pre-sales, with their sensor and gauge it is stand alone, just need to weld a receiving nut to my exhaust pipe pre-cat. Great site Shifty one!!!
« Last post by Shifty on June 07, 2023, 09:15:10 AM »
It's the $5 word for air/fuel ratio gauge.... ;)

https://www.autometer.com/2-air-fuel-ratio-elec-carbon-fiber.html
« Last post by JohnnyPopper on June 06, 2023, 08:27:39 PM »
Where do you find such a meter Shifty?
For tires check Walmart.com. Distributors all over the country sell on their website. They can ship directly to your house and have great prices. Select tires that have lots of good reviews.
1981 had low, low compression, if the 110 is roughly the same on all cylinders, and doesn't use oil excessively, I wouldn't worry.

Welcome from AZ!  8)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10