Author Topic: herculiner head liner?  (Read 3673 times)

Offline Mattsfmj

herculiner head liner?
« on: January 12, 2014, 07:19:06 PM »
Hey everyone I have been working on my 84 k10 for a while and I am now getting into the interior. The truck is currently red but I want to paint it black. So my question is has anyone ever used a herculiner roll on bed liner for there headliner and metal parts on the dash? Would this work? I thought is may look cool and be easier then spraying the inside.
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

1984 K10 step side

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
Re: herculiner head liner?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 08:23:11 PM »
     I have never used it on a inside of a roof, but have done more than I can remember of jeeps and rock crawlers.  We have done almost everything in our jeeps so we can just hose them out.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline audrima

• Frequent Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 08:31:45 PM »
I know lot of BroncoIIers  that do the whole inside with bed liner and it looks great :)

Mariah

Offline Mattsfmj

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 11:36:55 AM »
Yeah I think I am going to try it I will post some picks when I get done. Does anyone know how to make the liner flat black?
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

1984 K10 step side

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 07:58:57 AM »
Yeah I think I am going to try it I will post some picks when I get done. Does anyone know how to make the liner flat black?

You have to add dye to it to change the color.  You can go on line and look up post on how to dye hurculiner.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom