Author Topic: Crew Cab headliner??  (Read 50012 times)

Offline yellowk20

• Registered Users
  • Truck Poor
Crew Cab headliner??
« on: December 31, 2008, 12:13:21 AM »
Does any one have a Source for Crewcab headliners?? will a Suburban headliner work??
"If you're Gonna be stupid you better be tough"

Offline cptn60

Re: Crew Cab headliner??
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 09:20:15 AM »
Yes a Suburban will work. BUT you hafta pull the windshield to r&r. Too long to pull through the door opening. You might be able to get it through the rear window opening; not sure. It can be reskinned while in the truck, its a pita. Hope this helps.
86 c10 shorty

Offline cubicdollars

• Frequent Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 11:24:56 AM »
I was able to get mine in and out through the door but I had to have all of the seats out and fols it slightly.

I removed the old material first the got some new from the upolstry shop and sprayed glued the new.

If I had to do it again I would take the whole thing down to the upolstry shop and let them do it.

Good Luck  ;D
1977 Stepside,F2 Procharged BBC 505
1984 Buick T Type Regal, LS Swapped

Offline cptn60

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 02:09:42 PM »
How in the wide, wide world of sports were you able to get it through the door opening? I had the seats, column and dash pad out of mine and still wasn't able to squeek it out. Must be ancient chinese secret... :o
86 c10 shorty

Offline Dragon

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 02:27:57 PM »
How in the wide, wide world of sports were you able to get it through the door opening? I had the seats, column and dash pad out of mine and still wasn't able to squeek it out. Must be ancient chinese secret... :o
As per what a Factory Body Manual tells you, your supposed to fold it slightly in half to pull it through the door opening.....  Generally if the car or truck is a 4 door, then the headliner should be slightly folded, and pulled out through the passenger rear door(with the seats removed, or in the full reclined position).... If it is a 2 door, with the seat removed or in full reclined position, the slightly folded headliner should be pulled through the passenger side door......

Ofcourse if the headliner board is an Aftermarket ABS piece, or fiberboard, then yes it should go through the windshield opening....
Dragon
08 Magnum-New Toy
96 Caprice 9C1-Who Knows
96 GMC ECLWB & 92 Chevy ECLWB
77 GMC K25 HS-Gone but Not Forgotten

Offline yellowk20

• Registered Users
  • Truck Poor
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 03:39:26 PM »
any trimming involved in using a Suburban liner or is it direct fit???

Offline cubicdollars

• Frequent Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 05:04:06 PM »
The nice thing about GM is that alot of models interchange, The suburban is split at the exact same spot and the crew cabs and yes I had to fold mine slightly but I did not damage it removing or reinstalling it.

hope this helps
1977 Stepside,F2 Procharged BBC 505
1984 Buick T Type Regal, LS Swapped

Offline yellowk20

• Registered Users
  • Truck Poor
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 05:14:54 PM »
Awesome !!! thats so cool  I need to replace the windsheild anyways so I'll just do it all at once

Offline oldwhity

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 08:31:31 PM »
As per what a Factory Body Manual tells you, your supposed to fold it slightly in half to pull it through the door opening.....  Generally if the car or truck is a 4 door, then the headliner should be slightly folded, and pulled out through the passenger rear door(with the seats removed, or in the full reclined position).... If it is a 2 door, with the seat removed or in full reclined position, the slightly folded headliner should be pulled through the passenger side door......

Ofcourse if the headliner board is an Aftermarket ABS piece, or fiberboard, then yes it should go through the windshield opening....
Sounds like they put that secret in a manual. LOL
Rob G.
81 Chevy K20 4x4 LWB stepside
I enjoy long quiet walks..........in a junkyard!

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 06:57:42 PM »
A Suburban headliner will NOT work in a crew pickup.  They are not the same.  I have both sitting here and the rear portion is missing.

I do have a source for bow style headliners in a suburban and I could get crew cab versions made IF I had an original one.

Offline yellowk20

• Registered Users
  • Truck Poor
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 10:38:09 PM »
shoot,  oh well guess I'm still looking

Offline Chevalade

• Frequent Member
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 11:59:25 PM »
A Suburban headliner will NOT work in a crew pickup.  They are not the same.  I have both sitting here and the rear portion is missing.

I do have a source for bow style headliners in a suburban and I could get crew cab versions made IF I had an original one.

Anything ever come of this capt?

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 12:37:10 AM »
I got one from a donor and sent it to my supplier to make one.  No ETA on it as of now, but it is hopefully coming as I gave mine up to make it.

Offline Bitzer!

• Smiles per gallon
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 06:39:30 AM »

Make yr own! Get the fabric and use old one as a template. This allows you to change colour, sew badges/logos in etc
1979 GMC CrewCab  C20 1t
454 750 Holley,TH350, 14bolt diff fully floating
Why aren't there 8 days in a week!
A K5 rolling shell *new addition*

Offline Chevalade

• Frequent Member
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 08:08:12 AM »

Make yr own! Get the fabric and use old one as a template. This allows you to change colour, sew badges/logos in etc

That'd be great if mine came with one.  ::)