Author Topic: How many people prefer to use Paypal?  (Read 34489 times)

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
Re: How many people prefer to use Paypal?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 08:29:31 PM »
Chris,  I haven't bought anything from you as of yet.  I use PayPal exclusively to weed out the scams when doing business on the net, but I am not a business.  Being a business is different and if you take credit cards instead, I don't see what the problem would be to avoid the PayPal fees by dropping that form of payment that you accept.  PayPal is fast and if it is an impulse purchase that is where keeping it might be beneficial.  Most my stuff I sell is on Craigslist as well as other forums and the occasional ebay sale.  I know unless I REALLY want something on line from Ebay I only use PayPal.  US Postal Money orders work but cost + the trip.  My $.02.. No one should question your decision because of the cost of taking PayPal
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline impalamark

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 09:03:26 PM »
I love paypal and have used it to order from you in the past
makes it easy for me and puts  someone on my side when dealing with unknown
e-vendors
You are great and give good service so no problem if you stop but
I give a vote "for keeping"

thanks
MARK

Chris
just got through reading all the other responses and
if you stop I'll certainly understand why
Again your service and product quality were fantastic
and I will use you again paypal or not
M.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 09:12:40 PM by impalamark »

Offline stkcode

• http://53truck.ez15loan.com/
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 12:40:16 AM »
Personally, I wouldn't accept credit cards period if possible.  I use to have a business many moons ago...and got shafted so many times by the cc companies (banks).  If the bank doesn't shaft you, the third-party processor will.  Basically, when you make a mistake...you eat it...when they make a mistake...you eat it.  I use paypal periodically...mostly only on ebay.  I too personally prefer money orders...as I don't like banks and all their high fees.  And wait until someone does a chargeback...you can feel your pocket emptying with fees.

Personally, I'd rather have low prices and pay with a money order.  Most people don't realize their products would be cheaper without credit cards...and I'm not just talking about the high interest rate their paying at their end.  The seller has to add their cc cost into the product...ie why cash discounts exist.  Without credit cards, prices should be lower by default.  At any rate...just need to get off my high horse now :)
1953 Chevy 3100
1991 Chevy Suburban R1500

Offline 78 Chevyrado

• Z62 ON-ROAD
  • Site Supporters
    • My Photobucket Site
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 01:02:37 AM »
I only have a paypal account because there are things I want I can only buy WITH paypal. Otherwise I'd ditch it in a big hurry.  I havent had problems lately, but when problems hit they hit big time.  I just don't like paypal.  I like CC's better.  I don't send money orders either, on the net I want it paid and sent to me fast, can't wait on mailing a MO, yeah I'm impatient.. ;D
Kenny

1978 C-20, 350/400, 3.73, Graystone Metallic, Raceline Renegade 8 Wheels - 18x8.5, 275/70R18 BFG KO's

Offline RMC_SS_LDO

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 01:08:36 AM »
I voted yes, simply because I use it all of the time.  I use it for the added buyer protections, but that is for purchases from outfits I have never used before.  I actually use PP for credit card purchases... go figure  ???

I would just as soon use a CC for anything here, even though I haven't ordered yet.  Give me a chance to get back from this Iraq deployment to get started on the truck!

Allen

Offline dustystrucktoo

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 06:18:36 AM »
Postal money orders almost cost a dollar, then there is the time to have to go and rush and get it, then the postage.  Not to mention the time.  So then there is a want to have it sent priority...  You add the costs.
Yeah. United states Postal Service has money orders.  I don't believe that the Post Office is going to go out of business, nor do I perceive any problems with cashing one of their money orders.  If Pay Pal charges, add on that minor amount of a dollar or two for convenience to the customer.   If not, then prepare to wait for the letter with the money order in it.  Today is wednesday, If I have the time to make it to the Post Office on Saturday, you would receive the money order by next Friday.  (If I were toh ave to do that,)
Up to you.

Offline Dave Kay

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 05:33:37 AM »
Well, I've had problems with PayPal in the past but nothing major. And I think it's pretty darn conveneint, like someone said, about buying stuff online at 3AM not having to fumble with CCard numbers, whatever. There's always that possibility of that one sale in the middle on the nite and if some customers are inconvenienced in the least, they'll just skip it and you got NO SALE.

Anyway, I'd say keep it Chris, unless the scammers are getting the better of your profits or the fees are being jacked up. Best O' Luck!

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 02:53:30 PM »
I think after all this feedback I will just keep accepting it.  Thanks Guys.

Offline ccz145a

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 04:38:06 PM »
wondering if the store side for google checkout is affordable? I like using that, and summit accepts it <grin>
1975 C10 Silverado LWB, 454CID, TH400, 10bolt 3.42
11MPG Downhill w/tailwind (but there ain't no hills here)

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2009, 05:22:35 PM »
Don't really know Chip. 

Offline chevyh20

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2009, 11:08:56 PM »
i understand it can be lose/lose for the vendor. people can still use paypal by using their virtual credit card option. I can work around whatever you decide.  ;)

Offline Skunksmash

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2009, 04:20:45 PM »
It is probly easier to use paypal, but i have never liked how much money they take for 'their cut'. I would certainly not blame you for not wanting to use them anymore. Still, your transactions might be faster if you use them.

Offline JRConnieK10

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2009, 04:36:34 PM »
I have but it realy doesn't matter there are other options. I our business we take visa/mc/disc. Never amex though I haven't tried paypal though. Probably won't either.
'85 K10 LWB 350/SM465
BUILT NOT BOUGHT

Offline musicitymafia

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2009, 07:13:08 AM »
I like Paypal and use it regularly.  I understand the fees associated with using Paypal but just consider them into the cost of doing business.  There are some businesses I would rather use Paypal with then offer up a credit card number. 
1985 Chevy Silverado SWB 305
MPS LEAD THE WAY