Author Topic: "Political", and other Non-related truck posts  (Read 6838 times)

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
"Political", and other Non-related truck posts
« on: October 11, 2010, 08:23:31 PM »
There has been a lot of new "political" post on the board recently and as in the past it generally just causes animosity between members.  At this time I am requesting everyone to NOT post things of this nature unless it directly relates to our trucks, hobbie or community in general.

Please keep this in mind when posting.  It may be annoying at first but I think it will help the forum stay more focused and united.  If you see posts being removed, this is why.

Offline Lucky Jeff

Re: "Political", and other Non-related truck posts
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 11:25:10 PM »
I noticed you weren't too fond of jabs. Political and religious jabs can be fun, and I think that most can handle them. Although I understand your concern. Many (Including me at times) can get carried away at times..  ;)
77 4x4 small block shorty
98 Ram cummins with a few mods
96 Grand Cherokee

Offline beastie_3

• Josh
    • My truck pics
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 11:28:58 PM »
It isnt a matter of poking jabs and handling them or not. This isnt a political or religious forum. It is for squarebodys. Spend some time on this site and others and you will see a difference between this and others.

Offline Lucky Jeff

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 12:04:38 AM »
You're right, some people like to have forums where they can post about anything in a "BS" section. Obviously this isn't the site for that. I'm not new to Forums, I can tell right away how a site is run..  ;)  Often times I feel it's easier to understand a persons point of view on mods when I know what type of person they are. Somewhat difficult to figure that out from only a technical standpoint.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:06:16 AM by Lucky Jeff »
77 4x4 small block shorty
98 Ram cummins with a few mods
96 Grand Cherokee

Offline choptop

• Extended cab fanatic
    • conversiontrucks
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 06:46:41 AM »
Most are mature, and handle others opinions as just that, an opinion. A few will get hurt because someone doesnt agree with them when they think they should and then you have a bunch of whine bags in the middle of a cause fest.No thanks. Best thing is to do exactly what Capt's refering to, keep from getting to that point.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:37:36 PM by Captkaos »
76 C10 Choptop,76 C10 Swb
85 C10, 85 K10, 85 K20,86 C10,86 K10 (all extended cabs)
86 C30 extended crewcab

Offline N2TRUX

• Global Moderator
  • Registered Users
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 07:58:13 AM »
I have to support Chris 100% on this issue. No matter how you try to allow positive posting on these emotional charged issues, it seems that eventually someone gets upset. It's best to not allow it at all, so the staff members don't have to decide what post stays, and which one crosses the line.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 10:38:41 PM »
BTW, the same goes with SWEARING, which is DIRECTLY addressed in the registration.  I don't want to see that here either.