Technical Forum (Read Only) > Heating and Air Conditioning

air condition

<< < (2/2)

Lt.Del:
vilezombonie, thanks for the schematics.  That'll tell me where the wires go and what they are for.  I hope it is something simple such as a pressure ac switch.  I can replace that easily.  gonna try that this afternoon.  There has been no work on wires and such since  before the thing started acting up.  I cannot believe a wire is shorting unless those dang squirrels started chewing on my truck wires again, like they did on my 79.  I set up a trap and hauled 20 sqirrels away.

Note: the schematics say htr/ac 25 amps in the top left corner.  My fuse for the speedo/blower/a.c. is a yellow 20 amp fuse.  hmmmmm.  

I'll keep everyone posted.

SgtDel Edited by: SgtDel at: 5/22/06 8:51 am

Lt.Del:
OK, I've narrowed the problem down just a little.  The fuse blows each time I turn the AC on when the cycle pressure switch is attached.  When I unplug the cycle switch, the fuse doesn't blow.  Even when I jump the switch (bypass it altogether) the fuse blows.  So, the problem is somewhere on the dark green wire, either going to the compressor or the ECM.  Unfortunately, the dark green wire branches to both places according to the schematic above. The big problem is the wire is covered completely under the black tape stuff.  I guess I will just have to start tearing away the black harness tape to try and find the problem, perhaps a short somewhere.

SgtDel

VileZambonie:
pull the diode out of the connector @ the compressor.

Lt.Del:
I noticed that little diode b/w the green hot wire and black ground.  What in the world is that for?  It seems that it would short it out.

But, that wasn't the problem, it was a little nick in the dk green wire way back by the distributor.

After blowing all these fuses..

I finally figured it out. Thanks to each of you for helping me figure it out.

SgtDel

91 blu burb

Edited by: SgtDel at: 5/22/06 7:31 pm

cooltoolguy:
hooray  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version