73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Interior & Equipment

How to cut the dash

(1/1)

Savage4x4:
I posted about my dash being too small to fit a cd player in it. Who here has cut their dash out to make something like this fit? Im interested in the process. thanks! 1979 Sierra -MEAN
2000 425 Expedition - Muddy
PICS

VileZambonie:
I have installed many CD players in place of the stock 2 knob hole radio. This is what you do...
Take the stock radio out. Take the locking reatainer (the metal thing that goes around your cd player that you lock it into) and place it up to the bezel where the opening is. Trace the retainer's outline with a pencil and cut it out with an air saw. REinstall the dash bezel put 2 screws back in to hold it in place and trace the opening on the metal  part of the lower dash. Remove the bezel and cut the metal frame slot with the air saw. Now the metal retainer can be secured in the dash. Hook up the electronics put the bezel back on and slap the radio in and you are all set. Just take your time because if you mess up it will look like crap. The first one I ever did was totally Mickey Moused, and It drove me nuts. When I took the time to redo it, It came out nice. Also try to stay closer to the left so you have room for overlap. ~Captain's Log~

Savage4x4:
appreciate it. I figured it would go something like that. Would a dremel work okay? 1979 Sierra -MEAN
PICS

VileZambonie:
What ever means you have to make the cut will work just take your time. ~Captain's Log~

Savage4x4:
Yeah i plan on going really slow till it fits in very snuggly. Itll be a while before i can get around to it though 1979 Sierra -MEAN
PICS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version