73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Interior & Equipment

Antenna

(1/2) > >>

smokin77:
Where can i mount my antenna without putting a big hole in my new fenders? Its on the floor now and i dont get very many stations.  

73K20:
This may not be a good option for you, but you could always go to the junkyard and pick up a new windshield that has the antenna built into it.  I put one of these in my truck and it was actually pretty easy to install. 1973 K20 - 350/350/205

smokin77:
Thats a good idea, but i already have a brand-new winshield and ive heard that people have had problems with those antenna's in the winshield breaking. All though i do need to re-seal my winshield cause the guy did a junky job and it leaks a little on the passengers side. I think i have like 2 or 3 old chevys with the antennas in the winshield sittin in my back yard.  Maybee ill try usin one someday.
Thanks
Tony

BonanzaBoy:
yes i do agree with 73K20 he is right about the windshield antenna, but they dont really have an reall danger to breack unless a fling brick hits you wind shield (or a gravel rock to hit it near the antenna and star out)  but it is teh best way to get an antenna in your truck and not have to drill any nasty holes in the truck body granted it is a little more expencive but it will look a heck of a lot nicer than a hole (and when was teh last time a brick fell out of a cloud, then again i dont know where you live that might be a prblem around there)

smokin77:
well i never heard about bricks, but ive heard people say that the cold and hot temps expand and contract the glass and sometimes the antenna would break. I live in CT, so it gets cold and hot. Maybe the people i heard were stupid, i dunno!  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version