73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Interior & Equipment

Dash Speakers for my 87?

(1/1)

AlbertBrokenwing:
I would like to know what size speakers will fit in my dash on my '87 and what size are my rear corner speakers

1sah2443:
you might want to check www.crutchfield.com, they have
a vehiche specific lookup chart, i did look them up before and
if i remember correctly they were 3 1/2 speakers, but double check. then go to www.pricegrabbers.com for the best price on them. goodluck

Eric 85K10:
i think he is right about 3 1/2 in the dash
and I know they are 4x10 in the back corners. You can pickup some good Eclipse two-way speakers, thats what I have in my 85.

79Shortbox:
You guys have speakers in your dash and corners? Lucky *****! Mine may have had one in the dash at some point...
When I took the dash apart to do some wiring I got some ideas on how to stick all sorts of speakers, changers and tuners back there though!

EFF 83:
I put two 4" 2-way Pyramid Gold Series in my dash, I did not have to cut anything out, but I did have to drill a few new holes for the screws. It was easy, I did it in one afternoon along with an amp and 2 tweeters, I screwed the tweeters into the A/C duct under the opening in my center dash. You can run the (2) 4" speakers and tweeters off of the front two channels of your cd player (If you don't have one, get one!) They are easy to install. I used the lead to my cigarette lighter for my constant hot, then spliced the rest into the factory radio harness. Run the two rear channels to whatever you wanna put in the cab corners, I built my own panels and put 4x6's in there. Do this and you will have an excellent sounding system.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version