Technical Forum (Read Only) > Drivetrain

DIY: Replace front axle components

<< < (7/7)

beastie_3:
Wierd...I put it back where I got it, and when I replaced the bearings, they werent damaged.

rustymitchell:
It is just a base for the spring to push against.  It's part of the stock locking hub kit.  If you replace your locking hubs with an aftermarket set then you don't need this part as they don't use a spring.  Most aftermarket hubs move the locking gear mechanically rather than with that spring. 

enaberif:
I know its been awhile since anyone has posted in this but I just want to say thanks as I had that retainer cup fall out of my passenger side as well and not my driver side and couldn't figure out what it was for.

Thanks to this thread I now know and will be getting a replacement for the driver side.

Big Daddy:
I know this is a little late but that washer goes between the outer bearing and the nut. I just took mine apart to replace the u-joint and that's where it was.

Irish_Alley:
Just an FYI beastie's pictures are no longer available. if you plan on replacing your front axle could you take some pictures and or make a write-up on your job

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version