Author Topic: I want to lower my truck. (75 Silverado)  (Read 3620 times)

TIMSPEED

I want to lower my truck. (75 Silverado)
« on: September 16, 2002, 04:34:00 PM »
2wd/shortbed/fleetside
It's entirely as it came from the factory.
The rear has 4 leaves per side.
I was looking into a 3/5 drop. Any idea on price? I want to do my entire suspension new, cuz all my stuff is rusted.
I plan on buying new stock front springs/rear leaves. Then getting a 3" drop spindle and a 5" rear kit. (shackles and hangers, right?) I'm probably gonna run a 17x9˝" rim with a 275/40 17 tire. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Offline RSBAD454

Re: I want to lower my truck. (75 Silverado)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2002, 04:08:00 PM »
well i have Belltech 3" drop spindles, 1 coil cut from front spring, Chisolm suspension front upper control arms. for the rear i have i think 4 or 5 leafs in place, and belltech flip kit. stay with good name lowering products or you will have problems.  

“If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are.”
http://prosites-prs.homestead.com/
http://

Carlvr76

what is the flip kit
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2002, 11:40:00 PM »
What does that flip kit do. How does it work? i want to lower my truck so the tires are right below the bottom of the fender wells. How much should i lower it. I was thinking three in the front and 5 in ther rear. i was thinkin either drop springs in front or spindles do i have to get both? and flip kit in rear. My truck is a 76 c-10 short box. i plan on getten 15x10 in the rear and 15x8 in ther front. thanks

Offline Low87on20s

flip kit
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2002, 03:54:00 PM »
A flip kit is very simple.   You unbolt the rearend from the leaf springs.  Place the rearend inside "cradles" on top of the leaf spring and bolt it back together.   On the 73-87 you can use up to a 5 inch flip kit without having to c-notch the frame.  My 87 has a 5 inch flip on the rear.