Author Topic: Google Members Maps installed  (Read 9420 times)

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Google Members Maps installed
« on: January 19, 2012, 11:20:28 AM »
Just put this on here, just in case anyone is insterested in showing locations.  Not required, just playing with it.  Link is in member Map at the top.

Offline thirsty

• Suitor's Garage
Re: Google Members Maps installed
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 11:43:30 AM »
I think that is a great idea Capt.
I put a pin on the map. It didn't show up just right but close enough.
Real trucks are built, not bought Build thread

Give me a long enough lever and a place to stand, and I shall move the earth or break this bolt...Whatever, just hold my beer!

Offline Captkaos

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 11:58:49 AM »
I pinned mine when I zooming in REAL close...

Offline firefighter

• Frequent Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 03:30:28 PM »
Great addition Captkaos !!
I pinned mine to the closest larger city 15 miles away.
As close as this map gets, I could have pinned it to within a few feet from where the truck is sitting right now. Ha Ha !!
It's kind of neat to see an aerial image of your property this close.

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 08:26:52 PM »
     Cool feature, kinda cool to see where everyone lives.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 07:24:36 PM »
     I am starting to feel lonely over here on the west coast.   :-[
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline beastie_3

• Josh
    • My truck pics
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 09:39:28 PM »
No way Bake. I posted mine!

Offline bigchevyc30

• Frequent Member
  • the pig
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 12:14:11 PM »
well im trying to put my pin on the map and its not showing a map in the change profile it just shows a bar to type in and ive tried typing in my city and it doesnt do anything can anyone help me with this
1980 c-30 dually R.I.P
1989 R2500 Sub 350/sm465
1984 k10 sub 6.2/700r4

Online zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 12:52:39 PM »
Good or bad, I figured out exactly...  Go to the satellite image and you can pinpoint your home...
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 04:19:01 PM »
well im trying to put my pin on the map and its not showing a map in the change profile it just shows a bar to type in and ive tried typing in my city and it doesnt do anything can anyone help me with this

Bigchevy, I'm having the same trouble.  It might be caused by our Internet browsers.  I'm running an older version of Explorer.  Haven't tried it yet, but logging on with a newer browser might solve our problem.  Please post if you find a solution.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 03:36:29 AM »

Bigchevy, I'm having the same trouble.  It might be caused by our Internet browsers.  I'm running an older version of Explorer.  Haven't tried it yet, but logging on with a newer browser might solve our problem.  Please post if you find a solution.
on top of the map can you enter in your zip?
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 07:46:30 AM »

Tried that.  Also tried inserting partial and full address and then saving.  The problem is that the map doesn't show up on the profile page, so there is nothing there to 'pin' to.  The page is blank.
Rich
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!

Offline Captkaos

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 10:40:33 AM »
I haven't found a computer that doesn't have IE8 or above, but I would think that if you have IE6, it isn't going to work. 

This is my IT job talking, but I would recommend anyone that is on it to move off, or at least just use the computer you have it on for stuff you don't mind being exploited or information stolen.

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 04:34:02 PM »

Tried that.  Also tried inserting partial and full address and then saving.  The problem is that the map doesn't show up on the profile page, so there is nothing there to 'pin' to.  The page is blank.
I haven't found a computer that doesn't have IE8 or above, but I would think that if you have IE6, it isn't going to work. 

This is my IT job talking, but I would recommend anyone that is on it to move off, or at least just use the computer you have it on for stuff you don't mind being exploited or information stolen.

FYI - When I logged in with an up-to-date browser the map showed up on my Profile page and everything worked; was able to 'pin' the map.
Rich