Author Topic: factory rake  (Read 2755 times)

Offline 86SilveradoEric

factory rake
« on: February 25, 2003, 02:09:00 PM »
I've been pondering for a while how much to drop my truck, and I came across in the   catalog a diagram of different drops.  It shows that factory suspension has the rear fender of the truck 2 inches higher from the ground than the front fender.  I went out with a tape measure and measured from the ground to the top center of each fender.  It measured out DEAD EVEN with maybe about a 1/8 of an inch difference.  So i figured it was probably sagging with age and use.  But the truck has never hauled any serious weight like a boat or travel trailer, just carried in its a bed a few dirtbikes not weighing over 500lbs total.  So I've ruled out leaf spring sag.  My only guess is that the original owner may have lowered it two inches, and I just have no record of that.  He did have a few other custom things that he had thrown on before my father purchased it 10-12 years ago.  Does anyone have any ideas?  And is there a way I can check to see if it has been lowered already before I go any further??  Thanks in advance.  

Offline wakeworld6

Re: factory rake
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 08:13:00 PM »
Chevy trucks we made with the rear 2" higher in the back because they make lowering kits for the trucks and they say for example "5 inches in the rear and 3 inches in the front." Meaning that they drop the truck 5" in the rear, minus that 2 inches that was factory making it a total of 3" and then the 3" drop in the front evens out the lowering job, not raking the truck at all. Hope that clarifies any problems, it would be easier to explain in a picture but if you need any more explaining just let me know.

Offline RSBAD454

Re: factory rake
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 08:38:00 AM »
he could have taken some leafs out..........or maybe even a shackle kit.

Toys are my game

“If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are.”
http://prosites-prs.homestead.com/
http://