Author Topic: forum question  (Read 7294 times)

Offline gasman1620

• New Users
forum question
« on: February 22, 2015, 04:11:56 PM »
is this forum ran/owned/operated by the same people as 67-72chevytrucks.com?

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
Re: forum question
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 04:25:25 PM »
no why?
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline gasman1620

• New Users
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 12:54:12 PM »
just wondering..... these are the only 2 forums I've ever joined that required you buy a subscription to sell stuff

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 02:43:16 PM »
just wondering..... these are the only 2 forums I've ever joined that required you buy a subscription to sell stuff

It keeps the fly by user away and helps fund the site.  I have been a member for a while and it is the only one that keeps it rated G for the most part and drama is eliminated.  There are all kinds of Facebook groups that allow you to advertise your stuff however most people want to pay bargain prices for quality stuff.  The subscription is a small price to pay for the quality help received here.  I have sold some easy to ship stuff here but whole trucks due to location never.
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 08:19:19 PM »
This is it. ^^
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 12:52:04 AM »
theres a couple site that i been on that require you to be a paid member just to see pictures. running a website isnt free and who would buy the cow if you get the milk for free. granted i dont sell enough stuff to pay for the membership as with a lot of members on here. but another site im on for impalas doesnt require people to pay and theyre operating real close to the red. so close the owner doesnt even try to fix some of the errors on the site. not that many people pay the donations on there cause it isnt worth it and it isnt worth it cause he ran it down to the ground cause he want making any money.

in a way Chris (the owner) is running a store and you can come in and browse around, even talk about your problems or help others with theirs. but if you want to walk out of the store with something then you have to pay a yearly one time fee. even if you just like what you see in the store and want to help keep the store running you can just hang out and help for free. and i would much rather pay $2.84/month not to see a website overran with spam, poor language, people bulling others, people making inappropriate jokes. and with that little fee i get a family oriented site, can post things for sale if i want and a nice second family to talk to. some of us even states/ponds (for uk members) away know talk to each other like were neighbors.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 01:59:43 AM »
This again. ^^ I love this site. Hope to be a paid member soon.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 11:02:08 PM »
I am on a bunch of sites and 80% of them charge for selling.  Sites that are not doing this are getting their money from advertisers and all the banner ads floating around, and they are typically ran by resellers.
I had one offer to buy this site just last month and he wanted me to send my members to his site for C10's..   Seriously, why would I do that?

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 11:11:52 PM »
capt, thanks for not selling out. i think this site would go down fast if someone else ran it. i know i for one wouldnt be as active on here, as im sure others feel the same way
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 11:23:51 PM »
He offered me what I consider a huge joke for money.  I had been offered triple what he offered and turned it down 7 years ago.