73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Fuel Systems and Drivability

Writeup PC ALDL (OBD 1) Diagnostic Software and Interfaces

<< < (2/3) > >>

hatzie:
1989 gives you a lot more information than the old CLCC ECMs.
If you get a combination Bluetooth and USB interface you have the option of trying the free software on the Droid and the PC with a reliable easy to configure communication interface for both. 
USB is very reliable on a PC and Bluetooth is very reliable on a Droid...
USB is not easy to use or reliable on the Droid and Bluetooth is not reliable on a PC.   Bluetooth reliability on a PC may change for the better as Windows 10 or whatever comes next matures but I will not be holding my breath.

Bluetooth needs power.  The interfaces will come with a lighter plug to power them.  The 1320electronics combination interface can, by request, accept power from ALDL position G.  I believe 1989 already had position G populated from fuel pump power.  If it isn't populated it will not hurt any scan tool to have ignition power there.  Install a Metripack 280 Female terminal on a wire in position G and plug the other end into an IGN position in the fuse block.

Here are some videos on how to setup TunerPro RT. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAA721B5634A4EC45
LS1Tech has a short howto on the LT1 subforum as well.  http://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/1298009-tunerpro-rt-v5-tutorial.html

LTZ C20:
Ok so I'll need that cable box thing like the guy in the video had. Does any of that software allow me to read/clear codes and proform output functions like a Tech I does?

hatzie:
Reading codes, clearing codes, viewing realtime sensor info, and logging data.

This software will not command actions like the Tech II.  I am unaware of software that will.

LTZ C20:

--- Quote from: hatzie on February 18, 2016, 12:48:55 AM ---Reading codes, clearing codes, viewing realtime sensor info, and logging data.

This software will not command actions like the Tech II.  I am unaware of software that will.

--- End quote ---
Good enough. The Tech I has a few output functions like EGR open/closing and a few other things but that's about it. Nothing like the endless fun you can have with a Tech II.

ehjorten:
I have a 1991 V3500...figure that one out!  As far as I know, there is not software to read that year of ECM.  No one has de-compiled that ECM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version