Author Topic: Holley Sniper Fuel System Setup  (Read 11853 times)

Offline Stewart G Griffin

Re: Holley Sniper Fuel System Setup
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2021, 06:02:06 PM »
Thanks for the quick response Stewart.
Wouldn't the 87 and up TBI motors have baffles in the factory tank? Would the aftermarket replacement tanks come with these?

Yes, the Holleys have baffles.  Reading will set you free........ ;)

As far as the model year compatibility, i think holley realized this as there is a part # for 73-81 subs and then another for 82-91.

Doing some more reading myself  ;), i see that the holleys come with a 60 lb. pump.  In this case the price difference between new vs. retrofit is narrower although you could probably still save a few hundred by DIY.

But the holley is brand new and seems so well engineered.   i find them difficult to resist.....
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 06:06:10 PM by Stewart G Griffin »

Offline fitz

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2021, 08:23:16 PM »
Thanks for the quick response Stewart.
Wouldn't the 87 and up TBI motors have baffles in the factory tank? Would the aftermarket replacement tanks come with these?

Yes, the Holleys have baffles.  Reading will set you free........ ;)

Good point.  I have done more reading and watched more youtube videos on the holley/msd/fitech fuel injection kits than I care to admit to.
My question about the tanks was to see if an aftermarket 40 gallon tank from a company like Dorman would be a better option than the 25 gallon tank from holley.  Not sure I'd be happy giving up the 15 gallon capacity differance.
It seems like a lot of people spend about $3k on the fuel injection conversion when it's all said and done.  Just trying to do my homework so if I go that route, it's well thought out and not something I'd regret.

Offline Stewart G Griffin

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2021, 09:37:06 AM »
You have a good point;  i didn't realize there was a 15 gal difference between stock and aftermarket.  Looks like i need to read more carefully myself...... ;)

If the dorman has the stock baffles, then i would lean towards that one myself.  i think holley kinda feels that most hotrodders aren't going to drive that much, or at  least not as much as a daily driver, so  they figure the capacity doesn't need to be that high?

Of course, a simpler way might be to use one of the "fuel reservoir" setups from 'brock and i think either FAST EFI or Fitech has one.
This is not the cheapest way, but likely the simplest way.   i think my gig is that i'm discovering that i really don't enjoy working on cars as much as i thought i would.   i would rather drive.   i don't seem to be able to get up from the floor as quickly and easily as before----no i don't have a lift yet.  So, my gig is that i just want to  get it running asap---and willing to pay more for it.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 09:38:45 AM by Stewart G Griffin »

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2021, 05:38:01 AM »
The EFI tanks aren't really baffled, it's more of a well that is located beneath the pump assembly.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10