73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Members Rides

1980 K20 4x4

<< < (32/38) > >>

Shifty:
6 miles, you should be able to scuff them out...fingers crossed.

1980K20:
Thanks, we’ll see.

I pulled the gas tank today, think it’s the brass fitting, maybe wrong style, will try some proper ones tomorrow.  I’ll get different clamps too.

Anybody know the proper glue to put in the threads?  I’ll ask at  the auto parts store when I get the new fittings.

Adjusted the parking brake cable while I was down there.  But I still need to pull the drums.

Thanks!
Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shifty:
Mark, you could use Permatex #1, the aviation sealant, or Indian Head shellac.

1980K20:

--- Quote from: Shifty on June 27, 2022, 09:03:20 AM ---Mark, you could use Permatex #1, the aviation sealant, or Indian Head shellac.

--- End quote ---
Hi Shifty, thanks. I look in the website No 1 is hardening, looks like the right stuff. When I search for “aviation”, I see No 3, non hardening, different stuff for horses.  I expect aviation is a general term.

Crossing my fingers nothing is cracked and it’s just using the wrong stuff.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bd:
Have you actually verified from where fuel is leaking? 

Regarding the fuel pickup fittings, what type of threads are involved (e.g., NPT, inverted flare, AN)?  Unless the fittings are NPT, thread sealant shouldn't be necessary.  If they are NPT threads, they should seal using 2-3 wraps of yellow PTFE tape.  Is it possible that the fittings are incorrect for the pickup?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version