73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > LT/LS Swaps

Help! 79 K10 LS and Manual Swap Guidance and Opinions

(1/1)

g8rone:
Hey everyone LS swap newbie here. I’m wanting to swap my 79 K10 400SB Auto trans and NP203 transfer case with a LS (probably 5.3 or 6.0) and move to a manual transmission. I’ve read nearly a million articles and still a bit unclear. Wanting a daily driver (work from home now so not a lot of miles each day) not looking to burn the tires off or race. Any recommendations? I’m pretty sure I want a NV4500 but don’t know if I should be hunting a NP205 or different transfer case? Thanks in advance!

VileZambonie:
I'll take your 400 sbc and the rest of your drivetrain off your hands for you. My question would be why do you want to? What are you hoping to gain? A 79 K10 with an original powertrain is gold now that all of these trucks have been molested to death.

Chevymanbill:
A NV4500 is absolutely the best way to go if you have the budget for it. Mating to a 205 is also the best you can have. I just did this conversion 2 years ago on my 87 K30. If you need pics or info, I could direct you to my Instagram but I am brand new on here and I am unfamiliar with the rules. I am not sure if I can share info. If so, I could send you my website or phone number. Good luck.

bd:

--- Quote from: Chevymanbill on September 14, 2021, 07:08:41 PM ---...I am brand new on here and I am unfamiliar with the rules...

--- End quote ---

"REGISTRATION AND POSTING AGREEMENT"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version