73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Interior & Equipment

Fitting new ACC carpet

(1/2) > >>

rla98:
Good morning all,

Just trying to install my new ACC carpet. My question is how far up does it go? Do I have to remove the gas pedal mount? Just seems a little lumpy bumpy.
I would appreciate any advice!

Thanks, R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rla98:
Ok, no gas pedal removal. Just lots of pushing and trimming!

Rapid Roy:
I would like for you to give details on fitment and quality. Did it come with pad? How is the color match? I have been looking at their carpets but not sure of this. The more info I get will determine if I want to order.

VileZambonie:
Are you sure you bought the correct carpet? There are several differences in cab floors.

rla98:
Yes, I ordered the correct carpet. The problem is that it has sat in the box for over a year, so it needed lots of coaxing.
I ordered the ACC carpet with the mass backing in the Essex, plush version. It has a jute pad also attached. The quality is excellet. It has just taken a lot of patience and time for it to relax. It is still a work in progress. The warm weather is helping. I will post a picture when I am done.
As for the color, I have a 1976 Chevy K10 with a red interior. That in itself has made me put my put my sometimes perfectionist nature aside. So, I have tried to make the door panels, dash, and sun visors match. The carpet and the seat color are complimentary to those items. The seatbelts are out for re-webbing and should be back soon. My advice is to get samples of everything and then decide. The sun eventually fades everyting, so get a sun shade!

Hope this helps!
-R

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version