73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Members Rides

81 Scottsdale build thread

<< < (4/5) > >>

frotosride:
Definitely a great start. I do like the build and dream of the days I can add a SB to my collection, along with a crew cab.

Scaryfastatx:
I've been on vacation since the 17th, but the kiddos went with my parents on Monday so finally had some real chances to work on the truck

I was gonna start replacing the leaking power steering hoses and valve cover gaskets

But i found a giant rats nest under the battery and behind the distributor, so i ended up cleaning out rat crap for like 6hrs, finally got the engine bay cleaned up and power washed, it's looking pretty great.

I found why the valve covers were leaking so bad, previous owner cranked the living daylights out of the bolts and completely squished the gaskets out  >:(

I started scrubbing and power washing the lower front end and sprayed it with undercoating

Scaryfastatx:
long overdue update

the truck had a rat infestation previously, as such there were a lot of eaten wires, plus the previous owner fixed a lot of the wiring with Home Depot stuff

I ended up completely redoing the wiring with an AAW classic update kit, and it was pretty great to install, there are a few places I wished they hadnt preterminated stuff, like on the headlights, but overall, the experience was more than Painless... (sorry couldnt help myself)

I had finally thought it was ready to go, but then got gut punched by some white smoke (http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=39463)

With that done and out of the way, I replaced the leaky steering gear, got the brakes, suspension sorted and it finally passed inspection!

Past few days, I went ahead and did some patina restoration, I got some Penetrol and scrapped off the remaining peeled of clear coat and its looking pretty great, really happy with the resulting look

JohnnyPopper:
She Lives!

Funny how fast two years go by!

Scaryfastatx:

--- Quote from: JohnnyPopper on December 11, 2023, 05:06:58 PM ---She Lives!

Funny how fast two years go by!

--- End quote ---

Yes it does!

Especially when the wife is starting to get annoyed by the monthly Rock Auto bill haha

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version