73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Members Rides

81 Scottsdale build thread

<< < (2/5) > >>

Scaryfastatx:

--- Quote from: Shifty on October 12, 2021, 09:27:58 AM ---Great starting point!  8)

--- End quote ---

thanks!

JohnnyPopper:
Nice score! Just needs some TLC  8)

1980K20:
Nice find.  Zooming in on the pics, looks like it's pretty good shape.

Scaryfastatx:

--- Quote from: JohnnyPopper on October 12, 2021, 04:20:38 PM ---Nice score! Just needs some TLC  8)

--- End quote ---

TLC = Total   Catalog haha

--- Quote from: 1980K20 on October 16, 2021, 11:47:25 AM ---Nice find.  Zooming in on the pics, looks like it's pretty good shape.

--- End quote ---

thanks, yeah its a rough survivor, and mostly rust free which is the main thing I was worried about

Scaryfastatx:
so this weekend, I pulled out the seat and started taking measurements and mocked up my new seats

the seat is a 2nd row bench out of a 2015 Tahoe, but you can use one from a 2007 to 2019 short full size GM SUV, from Yukon, Escalade etc

Im going to start working on the design of the adapter brackets, I pulled off all the old flip hardware and latches, was easier than I expected

Dont know if I will adapt to the original adjustable brackets, cannibalize the original seat frame, or build something new, we will see

I put the seat in with some 2x4s to get an idea of how it would sit, its about 1" shorter than the OE seat, which is great for me, and great since I dont have a tilt wheel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version