73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Instrumentation

Idiot light question

(1/1)

alopez2045@yahoo.com:
Any grey beards help me out with some knowledge. My 84 c20 3+3 only has idiot lights, I’m not sure but after 5 minutes of driving me temp light has a dim glow. I thought for sure I was over heating but when I toggle the ignition from the of position hot or cold the light really turns on bright.

I any information helps. I’m going to pick up some gauges from autozone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bd:
Inspect the green wire that connects to the engine temperature switch and make sure that it isn't chafed or burned through and grounding against bare metal or the exhaust.  If the wire is okay, unplug it from the temperature switch and drive the truck normally to determine whether the warning lamp continues to glow dimly.  It is possible that someone substituted a gauge sender for the idiot light switch by mistake.

alopez2045@yahoo.com:

--- Quote from: bd on November 03, 2021, 04:31:39 PM ---Inspect the green wire that connects to the engine temperature switch and make sure that it isn't chafed or burned through and grounding against bare metal or the exhaust.  If the wire is okay, unplug it from the temperature switch and drive the truck normally to determine whether the warning lamp continues to glow dimly.  It is possible that someone substituted a gauge sender for the idiot light switch by mistake.

--- End quote ---
Ok awesome thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version