73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Projects Posts (NOT VEHICLES)

Too much light???

<< < (2/3) > >>

JohnnyPopper:
Those are cool lights! They make great headlight enhancers.

Something to keep in mind is that the color temperature (Kelvin) will affect how the actual color of your engine compartment looks.

I know it's strange, but going into the upper range of color temp like 6500K, while bright, will change how the eye sees the beauty of the colors you have created.

Going with a lower color temperature like 2700K to 3500K will keep it in the range of natural light, in which the original color are reflected back to our eyes.

Lower temperature as measured in Kelvin (K) is NOT related to "Brightness" as we perceive it.

The Sun is our reference. It sends down a full spectrum of light in wave lengths of colors that we can see, controlled by the pigment in the surface of our subject, and depending on its properties, resonates the color frequency, reflecting to our eyes the color of that frequency.

So pigments that are in the red spectrum will only ever reflect red. Blue, and every color in between, the same. Pretty good Design, wouldn't you agree?

I warned you, GEEK I am with this stuff... ;D

1980K20:
Thanks for the info Johnny, I always look at lumens for brightness, my wife looks at Kelvin.  I'm not really a color person. This helps explain it.

I decided to go with two rows of led. It's pretty light, but not enough for serious engine work. I like it.

The Kelvin seems to work with the blue and make everything a blue tint.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JohnnyPopper:
Ahh much better! Congrats man!! 8)

1980K20:
Thanks, Johnny!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JohnnyPopper:
I hope you don't mind if I lift this idea for the '80 C10 I have under constructions. I'm going to look for  channel to put the strip lights in though.

It's a really nice touch, haven't seen anyone do this before!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version