73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Electrical

80 directionals not working on 1 side.

(1/1)

80stepsideguy:
Got a question all.

my 80 has a tilt column and the directionals on 1 side don`t light up or do anything. But the other side lights up and works. Can anyone help shed some info on what i need to look for to get them working again??

thanks
pat

bd:
Try swapping the two flashers.  Inspect the bulb filaments and sockets.  Make sure no filaments are severed and the sockets aren't corroded.  Verify that the correct bulbs are properly installed.  Use an incandescent test light to validate power and ground at the lamp sockets.  If there is no power at the lamps, probe the turn signal switch connector at the right side of the steering column behind the dash.  Use the 1980 Wiring Manual for accurate identification of the wire colors with respect to the turn signal circuits on the side that isn't working.  These checks should get you started.

80stepsideguy:
Found the problem..

It actually was not a directional that was bad. I shut the garage so it was dark, turn the lights on and turned the directionals on. 1 side lit up and worked, turned other side on and lit up, the dash light directional bulb is burnt. Going to replace them all and probably go LED...

thanks
pat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version