73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > 73-87 Chevy & GMC Trucks

Transmission Swap 6L80e on K30 85

(1/3) > >>

Phoenix-GER:
Hi All

does anyone know a solution by a transmission swap 6L80e on a K30 for the Column-Shifter? Is there any to exchange from another model which would fit?
I dont want loose my bench for using a floor-Shifter.
Display will be shown bei Dakotaldigital instruments, but i am not sure about the mechanical system.

Thanks

Edit:
K30/CUCV Ex Army 1985 in rebuild with new drivetrain 6L80e / P400 Supercharger / NP208 / Dakotadigital

ehjorten:
It has the common sized GM shaft and retainer nut for the shifter. You should be able to adapt your linkage to it. 1991 column had overdrive so if you can find the indicator for one of those, I think you would be pretty close to looking stock.

Phoenix-GER:

--- Quote from: ehjorten on June 22, 2022, 08:55:13 AM ---It has the common sized GM shaft and retainer nut for the shifter. You should be able to adapt your linkage to it. 1991 column had overdrive so if you can find the indicator for one of those, I think you would be pretty close to looking stock.

--- End quote ---

thanks for fast reply - i checked what you mean with the indicator as missunderstanding in foreign language can be a big trap: this mechanical display will be gone in our swap with dakotadigital. But this of course must also got anywhere the info for display digital. As far i know will it be connected with the transmission controller and should got from there the info. You see on this i am not doing this job alone. My son is Car and truck mechatronics and will do all the electronic on it and me the mechanical part. But he have no expierence in US-Cars and Trucks as we are in Germany. Special differences to european technic need to be research. We know the usual differences of course but in our rebuild we find always hidden facts of differences and it is wise to ask before you spent a lot of money in wrong parts.
I guess than i need to adapt the linkage, what of course for any change in transmission will be to do and can hopefully stay with the steering column mechanic which handle the linkage for shifting.
That was what we not could verify: Will the stock-steering-column-shifter mechanic work with the linkage on the transmission or is there more what i have to adapt.

Former Drivetrain 6.2 N/A - TH400 - NP208

VileZambonie:
The detents are in the transmission not in the column so you should be able to make it work.

Phoenix-GER:
We was not sure about that issue.
So we need now only the patience to wait until the drivetrain will be deliver in December
But there are still some jobs to do for finish the rebuild

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version