73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Interior & Equipment

87 Chevy V10 - Adding delay wiper

(1/2) > >>

nmyron3983:
Hey all,

I've got an 87 Chevy V10, and currently it has a fixed column and two speed wipers. After months of shopping around, I have finally found a donor tilt column I can use as a core, as I plan to tilt-swap the truck with a remanned column from a company I found on the interwebs.

My question is this. Basically they only care that I send them a like-model tilt column. I can request for delay, etc. I just have to have the module and lever, they will provide the switch in the new column.

I've found and ordered a delay module off the fleabay, and I can get a new reproduction lever from the usual suspects. Is this all I need? If I have the module and the column has the delay switch installed, this is a plug-n-play operation? I believe that to be the case from what I've been reading on here, but most of those posts were regarding early-80's c/k pickups, so I wanted to ask first before assuming, and if not get a handle on the work I may have in front of me once the remanned column arrives in a few weeks.

nmyron3983:
Anyone have any input here? Or is this maybe better suited to the column subcategory?

Shifty:
I have the same model of truck, well, 87 V20, close enough, and my delay module is kerput.  I honestly would like to have non-tilt, with no delay....just keep it simple, but I am watching your post in case I ever want to fix it.

nmyron3983:
If the only issue is a bad delay module, and you already had it all in your column, replacing the delay module should certainly be plug and play. I found a few on the fleabay for $90-120. I have a couple with free shipping on my watch list, if sharing links isn't contrary to forum rules.

With a few exceptions, sharing links is allowed.  Just bear in mind that this forum directly benefits from being associated with the site Store.  Out of courtesy, please don't link any items that compete with the items sold in our store.  On the other hand, no one is allowed to advertise or sell any items, vehicles, or services on the forum without being a paid site supporter or vendor supporter.  The rules are explicit and explained in the Registration and Posting Agreement - scroll down to Classified Restrictions - Admin.

bd:

--- Quote from: Shifty on August 18, 2022, 09:18:15 AM ---I have the same model of truck, well, 87 V20, close enough, and my delay module is kerput.  I honestly would like to have non-tilt, with no delay....just keep it simple, but I am watching your post in case I ever want to fix it.

--- End quote ---

Quite often, replacing the electrolytic capacitors on the module board will restore the delay function.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version