73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Blazers/Jimmys

82 K5

(1/1)

saxxappeal:
hey guys,
im new... Everyday driver is a dodge
www.dtw.truckmoxie.com/saxxappeal
but i want a serious toy...
a real mans toy..  I have a friend in San Antonio ( texas ) who has an 82 K5 for sale.  I dont know too much information about it.. he is emailing me pictures later, but what are your thoughts on this?  Was 82 a good year, how well to Blazers hold themselves off road? My father had a 75 k5 when i was growing up, but he got rid of it before I was old enough to know anything..

DCG<><

Unixluv:
A 1982 is a solid truck.  Blazers from this era tend to rust, so check the body for obvious rust and bubbles under the paint.  However, they are built fairly tough so it takes some time to become a big problem.  Parts are cheap and easy to obtain.  There are lots of mods available for these trucks.  Engine, tranny, transfer case and gear swaps are common.

If you really want to play off-road, try and get a 3/4 or a 1 ton truck.  The title should list this as a K20 or K30.  There is a lot of confusion because these trucks have K5 badges all over them.  K5 is a marketing term.  K10/K20/K30 is the factory designation.  (K10 = 1/2 ton, K20 = 3/4 ton, K30 = 1 ton.  Its like the K1500/K2500/K3500 that you see today.)  If you see a C10/C20/C30, that  is a 2WD model.  My 1982 Blazer is a C10 model, so don't expect to see me on a trail with it.  I have a 1986 K10 Blazer for that.    

Here is a link to what you can do with one of these trucks.  This is a 1987, but you can do everything that he did.  (Ok, for the purists out there, the 1987 has TBI {early fuel injection} and up to 1986, the engines used carbs on them.  But some people have added TBI by swapping the motors out.)

www.off-road.com/chevy/rodent/

Good hunting!

Edited by: Unixluv  at: 11/15/03 1:15 am

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version