73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Members Rides

My 1980 Chevy C10 Restomod

<< < (115/118) > >>

80stepsideguy:
Rides pretty good, there is a vibration i think in either the tires or the driveshaft. My stepdad replaced the input yoke and it was to long so he shortened it. I may either get it rebalanced or just  buy a new one.

thanks
pat

86restoc10:
I read this whole thread the past 2 days and all I can say is wow. Its crazy how life has its ups and downs man. Glad you ended up with your truck back and man is it beautiful. I tore my 86 c10 down to the frame in February of 18 and haven't really done much to it since then. I'm deployed right now and have ordered a mountain of parts for it and your build just gave me some more inspiration to get back on it as soon as I get home in July. Keep up the awesome work man! Ill start a build thread on mine as soon as I am able to post pictures of it.

80stepsideguy:
86resto,

1st off thank you for your service to keep us safe here. I thank you for your comments and it was a labor of love, the past 13 years from start to what it is now has been a very long journey.From getting parts for it to the actual build was pretty fun. I am knee deep in my 70 cougar convertible build as we speak and after that is done, i think i am going to take a break from any builds and enjoy the 2 vehicles. I got a 1998 chevy 1500 short bed that has a 4.3 v6 in it. I got from my stepdad a 327 out of a 1969 chevelle wagon i may build for it , but that is in the future as what were trying to do is pay off some bills within 5 years and move to a smaller home and at least a 3 car garage. I wish there was a way to retreive all the pictures we had on the build here but it was a very lengthy process. Your build sounds like your going to have a sweet lil hot rod, i too would like to see more pics when you get to it.  As for the 80 i got 2 good used window regulators as the ones in the doors now were aftermarkets and there not worth its weight in poop. I just got to clean them up, paint them and install them. Like mentioned there is a vibration in the ride and i think it is narrowed down to the driveshaft so i am going to probably have 1 made this fall as i right now just am so busy with so much things around the house to do..

thanks
pat

80stepsideguy:
Wow almost 10 months since I was here last. Sorry for the delay people.. I been working on my 70 convertible a lot since I got the missing piece I been looking for for quite some time (quarter panel). I haven't done much to the truck. I installed a pair of jegs bucket seats, and I got a pair of used window regulators I will be installing soon. Other than that all is quiet. Not much time to do much of anything being married lol....

I `ll see about posting some pics of it soon. I need to build a console as these seats sit higher then the ones that were in it before (67 camaro).

thanks
pat

80stepsideguy:
Hey all,,

dang its been over 2 years since i last posted. I`m sorry i havent been as active as i wanted to be. I been working on my 70 convertible last year and got it in paint. Well i showed Vile something recently that i would like to share with you all..

https://blog.classicparts.com/2022/04/04/classic-of-the-month-from-rust-to-restoration/

My 80 got nominated for truck of the month. I got interviewed for 20 minutes about the build. It was great to get this truck in the spotlight it deserves. I also got summit racing to feature this on their web site as well last year. I hope all of you are doing good with your projects. I probably will be putting this up for sale within a month or so as i need to liquidate some of my vehicles as we want to move to a smaller home within a year or so. Maybe after we move i may look for another truck to build.

thanks
pat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version