Author Topic: Orifice Tube  (Read 10257 times)

Offline 78 Chevyrado

• Z62 ON-ROAD
  • Site Supporters
    • My Photobucket Site
Orifice Tube
« on: June 25, 2008, 08:58:57 PM »
I didn't find much info on the air conditioning orifice tubes, especially for our trucks.  I also could find zero pictures of the locations for the orifice tubeso Here's a pic for everybody who wants to know where it's located and how to get to it...

On the high pressure line coming off the evporator about 5 or 6 inches from the box and right near the high-pressure port you take the fitting there loose and the orifice tube is right inside.  Just grab it with some needle-nose pliers and twist gently and pull and it'll pop right out, then just push the new one in it's place and you're done.  You will need a new o-ring for the connection that has to be opened.  I bought a complete A/C o-ring kit from advance for $4 or so.
Kenny

1978 C-20, 350/400, 3.73, Graystone Metallic, Raceline Renegade 8 Wheels - 18x8.5, 275/70R18 BFG KO's

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Orifice Tube
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 09:09:04 PM »
In a CCOT system the orifice Tube is on the inlet side of the Evaporator. Typically you will see dimples in the pipe where the connection is to prevent the orifice tube from moving too far in.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10