Author Topic: Forum theme?  (Read 4667 times)

Offline m3talc0re

• Registered Users
    • Burning Concept
Forum theme?
« on: December 14, 2016, 08:46:07 AM »
Just curious, but how busy are these forums these days? Would you guys be interested in a custom theme for these forums?

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: Forum theme?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 11:13:12 AM »
Busy I guess is relative.  I think average is 20-30 post a day.  Haven't looked.
As for a custom theme last time I tried one it caused upgrade issues.  So it got dumped.

Chris Lucas
73-87chevytrucks.com
squarebody.biz

Offline m3talc0re

• Registered Users
    • Burning Concept
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 12:03:06 PM »
Large version changes in the forums usually breaks old themes. Sometimes smaller version updates for it, depending on how many files the themes actually touch. I used to make SMF themes, lol. I used to be pretty well known around the SMF community until I kinda left web development... -_- I still see my themes around sometimes though, lol. Especially the Warzone theme, which was the last one I made. Wonder if I can find a forum using it...

Offline fitz

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 05:46:42 AM »
  I'll bite,  what is a forum theme?
  As far as this forum being busy, I know I'm on here daily.  I don't post here everyday, but I'm always checking in on other peoples trucks.
  When I have a question on 73-87's, I google it.  Google usually sends me back to this forum.  If I don't find the answer, then I post the question.  This forum is more helpful than the amount of daily post may indicate.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 07:13:43 AM »
the theme is the layout and color scheme, like this light gray on dark gray. we used to have a few to choose from but the form was updated and all was lost.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline m3talc0re

• Registered Users
    • Burning Concept
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 09:31:52 AM »
I may have to install SMF again and go play with it, lol. I know several people over there would be thrilled to have me theming again XD I want to redo the entire thing though. I'm not really a fan of this version at all.

If I can remember by the time I actually get home, I'll install it. Was just wondering if the forums are alive enough to justify getting it it's own look. The forums seem busy and in use enough, may gimme something to do when it's too dang cold outside XD

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 09:37:58 AM »
if you look at the bottom of the forum page it will tell you how many users a day and most. i dont think its really hot like some other forms like pirate 4x4 cause we kind specialize in a small group of trucks

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline m3talc0re

• Registered Users
    • Burning Concept
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 09:47:54 AM »
Yeah, I saw them. Lots of guests, wonder how many are just search engines, lol

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 10:02:08 AM »
i really dont know how they work. so if someone searches for heater core 73-87 chevy does each one of our post that matches that criteria get a "view" as a guest?

Offline m3talc0re

• Registered Users
    • Burning Concept
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 11:18:32 AM »
Search engines send out "spiders" to index the Internet. Those spiders count as guests, and there are many search engines. Each one could have more than one spider here, too. Then if someone searches and comes here, no matter where they are in the forum, they count as one guest.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 11:30:39 AM »
if you do click on form states it does break it down to how many post, users, guest and registrations. adverage reg is 5.44 with 75 post/day

Offline m3talc0re

• Registered Users
    • Burning Concept
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 11:38:36 AM »
Yeah, it seems decently active. I've seen forums go days without posts. Those are kinda dead..