73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Wheels & Tires

backspacing question

(1/2) > >>

camel:
alright, i have a 1985 gmc seirra pickup with a regualr cab and a long box, its a half ton. and right now it has skinny ugly wheels on it. i want to get some 15x10 inch rims, with some 295 50r15 rubber on them. i have seen a few people with this setup in the visitors section, and i was curious what backspacing they are running? i have 5 bolt hubs. any replies would be great.

bigm79:
A backspacing of 4.5 should wotk for you.  My brother has a 80' longbed with 15 x 10 Centerline SSTs with a 4.5 inch backspacing.  he has been running this setup for almost 10 years.  They do not stick out beyond the fenders.  The wheels line up nicely with the truck body.  I am planning on putting 20 inch rims on my 79 with the same back spacing.

bigm79

camel:
thanks a ton man, i was talkin to my dad today and he suggested only using 15x8's, but i am not sure yet. so he doesn;t have rubbing problems in the front either?

bigm79:
Nope,

Has has no rubbing problems and he is currently running 295/50/15 tires with cut coils and removed leaf springs.

camel:
thanks a million man i got to do some rim shopping now. thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version