Author Topic: I scored me a crew cab too  (Read 21570 times)

Offline bluecrew

Re: I scored me a crew cab too
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 06:45:19 PM »
Not that it matters or that you cared, but what was your fuel mileage before and after the lift/tires, and after the gear swap?  Just curious.  That was a sweet rig, hopefully it still looks that nice. 

Offline nvrenuf

• Bazinga!
    • Project Pics
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 09:19:45 PM »
In stock form it got about 15 in town and around 18 or so on the interstate. That interstate figure comes from the drive back from Az to Al. I never travelled in it so I don't know the hiway mileage after the mods, it got around 13~14 in town after the mods.

I hope it still looks that good but who knows. I'm surprised it's never turned up on Coloradok5, Pirate4x4 GMsquarebody or even here. (I think) I'd love to see it again.
John

'91 K5 454, 4spd, Dblr, J76, 70HD, 5.86's & 43's
'06 Dodge MegaCab
'06 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited

Offline nvrenuf

• Bazinga!
    • Project Pics
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 08:54:25 PM »
Any updates?
John

'06 Dodge MegaCab

Offline bluecrew

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 03:19:37 PM »
Not much, just put in a 6" Rough Country lift in it.  Didn't care for the super rough ride it had. Swapped in some Superlift Softride 6" fronts (which I had planned to sell off) and that smoothed it out.  Lost about an inch of height, but I prefer the ride quality vs. that little inch.  Besides, with a truck that long, you never notice the rake.  Swapped out that crappy winch bumper, and found a nice 81-82 front chrome with the lights in there.  Always liked them with that style.  Still have to find the right tires and wheels, some exhaust work to clear the front driveshaft, and some body work/paint job.  It's a long slow project, but I got nothing but time. 

Also scored some stock steel wheels for winter time.  No tires, just the wheels.  And, once I remove the bumpers, I can fit it in my garage for the winter. My garage is more like a large shed...

That's about the best I can muster for an update.  Sorry, I'm a slow builder.  Still grinning over scoring my dream rig. 

Offline nvrenuf

• Bazinga!
    • Project Pics
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 10:13:33 PM »
That's about the best I can muster for an update.  Sorry, I'm a slow builder.  Still grinning over scoring my dream rig. 

It looks really good, it really makes me miss mine.

Don't worry about being slow, no matter how long it takes I've got you beat - I've been working on puting together a K5 for about 7 years now.  :-\
John

'06 Dodge MegaCab