73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Crew Cabs

77 crew cab 2wd to 4wd

<< < (2/4) > >>

Oldsmolet:
Well it rained on and off on me all day and I can't get in the garage so it was hit or miss and I had to wait on friends to help lift the bed.  I will say this.  Texas trucks are awesome! I took leaf springs and bed bolts and everything out with a 3/8 drive ratchet! Here's some photos. Not very exciting yet. More today.

I noticed this truck had 56" springs too so I have to move the rear bracket forward for the 52" springs.  GM already drilled the holes for you though ;)

Oldsmolet:
Well I ran into problems but we are working through them. Busy back at work too till the weekend.  My truck is actually a 1 ton.  Who knew. C20 badges and title says 3/4 ton.  So all my brackets are 3/4 ton now but as most of you know the spring perches are narrower on a 1 ton.  So I have a 3/4 ton 14 bolt FF that I'm just going to put in rather than move the perches.  Get that in then time to tackle the front

Oldsmolet:
Well doesnt seem to be a lot of interest in step by steps so I stopped but figured I'd at least show an update.  Hopefully get engine and trans in soon.

Dr_Snooz:
Nope. I'm very interested in step-by-step. I am planning to convert my crew someday too. Have fun with the build.

Oldsmolet:
Well I have taken pictures most the way I may just compile them all one night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version