73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Crew Cabs

Great White Buffalow- 84 GMC Crew Cab

<< < (2/4) > >>

slammed79:
Thanks guys!  It's a 6/8 drop, using McGaughys parts that I got from Switch Suspension here in AZ.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

slammed79:
I got the bedside cut, the pinion angle set,  and the fender lips rolled.  The truck is at the shop getting an alignment now.  It looks like I'm going to have to cut the front fenders to get a little more room for the wheels to travel. 

I don't want to swap the tires to anything smaller, and it definitely needs more room.  I drove the beast to work yesterday,  and I think I may pull the overload springs out of the leaf packs to hopefully get a little more rear end travel as well.

yzrider:
That looks pretty good! I am considering a 4/6 drop for my cc dually.

slammed79:
It didn't get the alignment,  the shop I took it to for the work called me a little while after I dropped it off,  and said it needs tie rod ends and a steering box.  There was some slop in the steering wheel,  but less than am inch,  and that really cleaned up when I did the tie rod ends.  I admit that I should have done them when I dropped it,  and it only took about half an hour to do. 

That shop quoted $750 for the work. Pretty good racket for $250 in parts, less than that if I wait for rock auto. I got the tie rods from O'Reilly.

I'm going to take the thing to an alignment only shop and get it handled there.

roundhouse:

--- Quote from: slammed79 on September 28, 2015, 10:05:21 AM ---It didn't get the alignment,  the shop I took it to for the work called me a little while after I dropped it off,  and said it needs tie rod ends and a steering box.  There was some slop in the steering wheel,  but less than am inch,  and that really cleaned up when I did the tie rod ends.  I admit that I should have done them when I dropped it,  and it only took about half an hour to do. 

That shop quoted $750 for the work. Pretty good racket for $250 in parts, less than that if I wait for rock auto. I got the tie rods from O'Reilly.

I'm going to take the thing to an alignment only shop and get it handled there.

--- End quote ---
i learned the hard way not to buy steering parts from rock auto

Cheap Chinese junk
The drag link we got from RA lasted about a month before it was worn out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version