73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Wheels & Tires

C10 6 lug conversion

(1/2) > >>

86c10:
I’ve look into doing a 6 lug conversion on a ‘74 c10 so I can run ‘99 and up 6 lug wheels. It looks like I can do this with out adapters by using front rotors from an early 90’s light duty 2500 and rear axle shafts from a k10. Has any body on here done this swap and how do the stock later model wheels fit? I tried searching but wasn’t coming up with any info.

VileZambonie:
The logical thing to do would be to run wheel adapters for $150 bucks and be done with it.

86c10:

--- Quote from: VileZambonie on May 21, 2021, 04:13:23 PM ---The logical thing to do would be to run wheel adapters for $150 bucks and be done with it.

--- End quote ---

I thought about spacers but I wasn’t sure if that would push the factory wheels out to far. Either way will cost me about $150.

JohnnyPopper:
Other considerations are bearing size on spindles and rear axles. You can cross reference them online, but I would start there.

Then measure the center line of the wheels you want to use/run against the same of your rotors before and after (using adapters)

If not familiar with the term 'center line' it's the mating surface of your wheel to your rotor/drum.

Measure against the width of the wheel to the rear, or inside. Subtract the inner distance from the overall width of the wheel.

86c10:

--- Quote from: JohnnyPopper on May 21, 2021, 09:44:01 PM ---Other considerations are bearing size on spindles and rear axles. You can cross reference them online, but I would start there.

Then measure the center line of the wheels you want to use/run against the same of your rotors before and after (using adapters)

The front inner and outer wheel bearings are the same but I forgot to check the axle bearings. Thanks for the input.

If not familiar with the term 'center line' it's the mating surface of your wheel to your rotor/drum.

Measure against the width of the wheel to the rear, or inside. Subtract the inner distance from the overall width of the wheel.

--- End quote ---
The front wheel bearings are the same but I forgot to check the axle bearings. Thanks for the input

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version