73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Body, Glass & Paint

Paint cost

<< < (2/2)

nsml97:
Thanks for the replies!  That does look like the color of my truck.  It looks really sharp.  I will probably stick with the existing color.  Great job with the project. 

JohnnyPopper:
Thanks, I was going to do a color change until I saw the real color.

She's been quite a project, got delayed by another project that fell into my lap 2 years ago, but I'm done with it and off she goes... ::)

https://www.oldbug.com/67johnmic.htm

looking to drop the motor in a few days, will post more pics.

Scott91370:
I know I'm late here but you can figure starting about $8k and going up from there depending on how nice and straight you want it.
If you have someone that will do an OK job it could be less, maybe $5k.

1980K20:
Nice truck!

You'll find paint is expensive, but the big cost is in the labor. My opinion is to find your painter and work out an agreement. My next truck, I'll paint myself and save a bucket of cash, if I can convince myself to have the patience to do it and am willing to live with newbie imperfections. If you can do it yourself, hooray!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JohnnyPopper:
Yes, labor is the biggest cost factor!

It's really easier than it looks.

I shot my first restoration, 1967 Olds Toronado, in the alley behind my apartment in 1982.

Quiet part of the day, no traffic, my buddy watering the parking lot to keep the nibs down.

Turned out great, with great credit going to my auto shop teacher who showed me the technique of consistent spacing between the gun and your car/truck.

I'm sure Youtube is full of talking heads that can show you the tricks of the trade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version