General Site Info > Welcome

New Member w/my Dad's 84 C10

<< < (2/3) > >>

JRyan0720:
Welcome from West TX. I just joined this forum recently and have had really good experience thus far. I am really sorry to hear about your dad (similar situation here). Cherish the good memories as well as those you’ll make with yalls project C10. Glad to have you on here.

mydads84:
Thanks everyone! Here's the back story...my Grandmother's Brother bought the truck new in 1984. When he passed she inherited it. When my Grandmother passed away my Grandfather started using it. When he passed my Dad inherited it. Now I have it.

My Dad and I replaced the 350 with a crate motor while my Grandfather had it. I don't remember the reason why though. It has not been driven a lot since then so the motor has fairly low miles.

The bad thing is the truck sat for years while my Dad had it. It now has a somewhat rusty patina. Lol! It only has one rust-thru spot though and that's on the driver's side front fender. Also, I live in Louisiana and in the Great Flood of 2016 the truck flooded. Fortunately, the water went down quickly enough and didn't really damage the truck. He and I flushed all of the fluids and got it running again.

When I get to working on it I plan to try to start and keep up with a build thread.

mydads84:
Here's a picture of the other side...

Mike81K10:
A late Welcome from AL, Grew up in Bossier City, LA and still have some family there.

Shifty:
Nice to see a one-family resto!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version