73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Electrical

Newbie with electrical problem....

(1/2) > >>

85Stroker:
Hello everyone,
I'm a new member to this site but I have done a lot of reading as a guest. I'm working on my 85 GMC K1500 Sierra Classic with a 383 stroker motor and 4 spd. manual trans.. I'm having electrical issues, no crank at all, I have lights and most of the instruments seem to be working as well. With clutch in or out, and in gear or out of gear. I get no cranking at all. I'm going to try and post a couple pictures the first pic is a plug I found just dangling, I think it might go to the tyranny but I'm not sure.
The second pic shows the wires connected to the firewall junction block, there is no wire connected to the fuseable link and you can see there is a wire that appears to be cut in half one part goes to junction block behind fuse box the other I'm not sure where it goes. It seems like the same color wire but I'm a bit color blind so maybe someone could verify it? I'm wondering if the ends just need to be reconnected or should they go to the firewall junction block using fuseable links? I've ordered a service manual but haven't received it yet so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Best wishes to all,
85Stroker  (Jeff)

85Stroker:
Here is the second pic with the firewall junction block.

Mike81K10:
You don't have to wait on a manual. Wiring diagrams are on this forum. Take a look at them under the Technical Forum!

85Stroker:
Ok, thanks for the info.

85Stroker:
Could someone, who isn't colorblind, do me a favor and tell me what color the wires are in the first picture? The 2 wires attached to the plug, I am very colorblind and can't tell. Thank you kindly!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version