73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Electrical

No CRANK after rain......

<< < (3/3)

Scott91370:

--- Quote from: JohnnyPopper on December 24, 2022, 07:36:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mike81K10 on December 24, 2022, 01:42:09 PM ---Run a check on your battery to see what the condition is.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yes, but new does not equal good.

I'd bet on a bad starter.  Mine wouldn't make any noise some times then other it would kick the solenoid then others it would start to crank then stop.  Every time it would get hotter than he**.

werewolfx13:
Side post battery? Still have the rubber boots? Check to make sure the terminals are coming in good contact with the side post connections on the battery. Lately I’ve seen a lot of instances on various side posts where the boots have a sealing ring that is supposed to fit inside a ring on the battery, but they’re actually hitting the outer ring. Result: cable lug only partially comes in contact with lead, even though the bolt is tight; intermittent no-start, sometimes the terminal makes enough contact, sometimes it doesnt. Easy test is to pull the boots, reconnect and see if it acts up. If it works fine, either lose the boots (exposes your battery terminals entirely, not ideal), replace the boots with new soft ones that will more easily fit the battery, or modify the boots/battery to fit your existing components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stewart G Griffin:

--- Quote from: werewolfx13 on January 05, 2023, 12:53:44 PM ---Side post battery? Still have the rubber boots? Check to make sure the terminals are coming in good contact with the side post connections on the battery. Lately I’ve seen a lot of instances on various side posts where the boots have a sealing ring that is supposed to fit inside a ring on the battery, but they’re actually hitting the outer ring. Result: cable lug only partially comes in contact with lead, even though the bolt is tight; intermittent no-start, sometimes the terminal makes enough contact, sometimes it doesnt. Easy test is to pull the boots, reconnect and see if it acts up. If it works fine, either lose the boots (exposes your battery terminals entirely, not ideal), replace the boots with new soft ones that will more easily fit the battery, or modify the boots/battery to fit your existing components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Sorry i haven't updated this.  It did turn out to be one of the cables.  Rain didn't have anything to do with it----just was a coincidence.

i'll provide more detail when there is time.
Sorry i haven't followed up with this.

Scott91370:
Glad you were able to finally figure it out.  Coincedence issues like this make it tough to track down!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version