73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Wheels & Tires

cant keep balanced

(1/2) > >>

Sierra4x4:
having problems keeping my tires balanced. The wieghts keep comming off. Shakes me to death at 30-40. Can i use some super glue? im serious! its like the lip of my rim isnt very good at holding them on. And if anything thinks im just making a mountain out of a mole hill, I thought the drivers door was gonna come off, my foot would hardly stay on the gas pedal, and i thought my dash was going to come apart. How can i keep the weights on!?

Kevin108:
I hate to say it...but it's based on your tire choice and everybody's just gonna say, "I told you so!"  

Super glue wouldn't hold up to the heat and the elements.  You'd need like marine epoxy or something. 87 Silverado ½-ton 4x4 Longbed Pickup
350 TBI, 700R4 w/ Corvette servo
4" Skyjacker, 33x12.50s
14-bolt rear & Detroit coming soon
My Mods | Truck Pics | Kevin108@PavementSucks.com

Sierra4x4:
hhhmmm well by the looks of it, its not the tire. its the rim. he said it had a funny lip on it, and nothing would really 'stick'. noone said anything about the tire itself being at fault. They thought that was the problem at first, but once they got looking at it closer, one tire actually had no weights on it, its just the rear tires as well. Not so much the front. they also said the first shop had only done a static balance instead of a dynamic balance. I think this would have happened with any 35x12.50x15... Im gonna drop it back off and see if they can do anything for it. luckily its across the street  

Sierra4x4:
got it fixed rides great, but check out my axle post in the 73-87 trucks section....  

Kevin108:
My point is some 35s never need any weights...and some 35s never balance.  :-)  Never know what you're gonna get though. 87 Silverado ½-ton 4x4 Longbed Pickup
350 TBI, 700R4 w/ Corvette servo
4" Skyjacker, 33x12.50s
14-bolt rear & Detroit coming soon
My Mods | Truck Pics | Kevin108@PavementSucks.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version