Author Topic: tubbin it  (Read 2721 times)

Offline acm29

• New Users
tubbin it
« on: January 20, 2004, 01:33:00 AM »
i just wrecked the front end of my truck so im going to completely rebuild it including tubbing it for some fat slicks. have any of you guys done this before and have pics or any words of knowledge for me. my real concern is how to deal with the frame and get it and the leaf springs situated. the box part of it i think i can deal with.  

Offline ammmotroop

re tubs
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 08:34:00 AM »
i know this is not the same truck but on my previous truck which was a 2000 s10 i had the rear tubbeb. hey used pre fabbed tubs like the ones from summit. The owner of the shops truck was also tubbed. They used tubs intented for the rear which they narrowed and cut down so that they would fit in the engine compartment.

Offline problazer

tubbin it.....
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »
On 73 - 87 full size chev trucks there is 22" of room between the outer frame rail and the inner part of the wheel well. So depending on fleetside or stepside and how low you want to go you can fit about a 20" wide wheel with out cutting the frame. You still have to deal with a narrowed rear end. As far as the suspension goes if you are to "pro street" or tub it, dump the leaf springs and go with a four link rear set up. Way more adjust ability and a heck of alot more traction. To see just how much clearance you have unbolt one of your beds inner wheel wells, knock it out and measure away. Good luck, James